Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queenies

Hybrid View

Unhappy Queenies

I like the new Queen (Sabe), but I have a question. Why can't they make a Queenie that can SIT?! She sits in half the movie, and not one of her figs can sit! That is ABSURD! I hope they make her sittable(?)
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Well, how would you make this action figure sit? I posted an idea in the Dear Hasbro section about Jedi Council Members sitting via the RFT legs, but that wouldn't apply to the Queen figures since she's got that big dress. Would you make the dress out of cloth, a giant uni-leg like on Graxol from the Watto's Box set, or would you do something else? I ask because I honestly have no idea how they'd pull this off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really don't like the idea of soft goods Amidallas. Her dresses are far to intricate to do them justice at such a small scale. I'm perfectlly happy with the uni-leg style.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Personally, I am waiting for a Queen Amidala figure that can sit in my lap. Wait, that wasn't an appropriate way to kick off these forums was it? No, well, it wouldn't be me if I didn't say something. It's not my fault she has junk in da trunk.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Ok QLD... Put the action figure down, stick your hands in the air and back slowly away from your computer... BOTH HANDS IN THE AIR! Now go outside and get some fresh air.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

I, for one, and glad that they are getting around to putting this one out. I hope they will eventually get ALL the Amidala figures out because the costumes were AMAZING!

I hope they make a couple handmaidens soon so the entourage will be complete!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Huh huh, huh huh huh......He said Handmaiderns. That word just oozes comedy.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I'm with JEDIpartnr. I thought that her dresses were great. I'm waiting for the white one she wore on Coruscant and the other white one she wore at the celebration. Fingers crossed.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

They need to make all of her gowns, and when they're done they can resculpt the Senate Gown, maybe with a removable cloth overcoat.

I don't know why Hasbro has hesitated with these, I remember at Ep1 toys' prime I would see girls of all ages rummaging through the figures looking for the Senate Gown Amidala.

Here's your chance to bring girls who wouldn't normally buy action figures into the hobby, Hasbro. But I think you've already missed the bus.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by 12inch Lando
    Ok QLD... Now go outside and get some fresh air.
    What, you want him out there with the rest of us?!?

I'm actually surprised to see a vote for the uni-leg. May I ask, have you seen what Graxol looks like without his cloth overskirt when he's sitting? It's smooth at the joints. Perhaps Hasbro could sculpt that area to blend in with the figure though.

I gotta agree with JediPartner there, I'd like to see them get some handmaiden figures for sale.

Barada, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Coruscant Amidala is incomplete without her coat! I thought that part with the giant shoulderpads was a must-have.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.