Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the Deal with the New Figs?

I'm as happy as the next fool to blow my hard earned $$$ on SW action figures....but what's up with these new ROTS duds from Hasbro?

After the Original Trilogy Collection came out, I thought, "man ROTS will be amazing! Perhaps they'll quit the goofy statuary poses, ala Shak Ti, and crazy action gimmicks, ala kung-fu Anakin vs Sandpeople..." But Happy Anakin with mascara, porcelain Fisto, and polio-riddled Dooku....come on Hasbro!

And for just once can we get a good NT Obi-Wan? I'm just sad....guess I'll have to spend my money on other things....books or something useful.....

"Do or do not, I really don't care at this point." Yoda ESB 2nd Director's Cut
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Re: What's the Deal with the New Figs?

I for one think most of the figures are really good. SUre, each batch will have duds in it, but thats to be expected.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I agree with the fisto, I don't see how the ROTS editio can have such terrible paint and sculpt, and the Galactic HEro (which is for frigg'n infants) looks great. Some stuff the do just dosn't make sense. Also why is there only 2 jedi with robes. O ya I don't understand why Anakinhas the whole smudge eye liner thing going, just don't get it. As far as Obi goes the Obi red leader pilot looks fantastic and as far as I know there is no action feature. However he is a pilot but will not fit in the starfighter??

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone
    polio-riddled Dooku....come on Hasbro!

You don't like the ROTS Dooku fig? Man, to me that one is by far top-notch as far as articulation and likeness. Sure, there are some duds in the line as a whole, but I would say Dooku is definately not one of them
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I agree, they completely nailed Dooku. You couldn't ask for anything else out of that figure, other than the pink lightsaber (just exchange it with the Saga one though and you're cool).

Compared to the AOTC figures, which were just awful, these do just fine. I always kind of liked TPM figures because they were still in line with the POTF2 and vintage collection. No gimmicks, no pre-posed anything. But, there are some real winners in the ROTS line.

Unfortunately the Obi-Wan and Anakin figures do come up short (for the second movie in a row).

I cant complain too much about the ROTS figures...there not all that bad...

the first obi and anakin figures aren't that bad, true they have an acton feature but compared to the Bespin Luke Button, the action feature is a great improvement.
    As far as Dooku, yes this is a great sculpt and likeness to the christopher lee, the only thing I would have added or changed is the lightsaber, again no simple hilt accessory, and the hands and head feature. Since he loses his hands to anakin perhaps this would have been a good use of the magnetic hand feature like the bespin luke, and the head could have been similiar to final duel Jango.
    Mace Windu should have come with a cloak and removable arm feature. Plus the lighting feature just doesn't make any sense.
    All in all the line I thought was a great line, definately superior to the AOTC line,but still nothing will compare to the VOTC.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Dooku is awesome, the clones are sweet as well. I like the action feature on #6, and 41 is just plain fantastic.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm satisfied with this line so far. Granted there are a few duds, but for the most part these figures are really cool. Especially the clones.
    [color=red][b]"Your destiny lyes with me Skywalker. Obi-Wan knew this to be true."[/b][/color]
    [color=blue][b]"No!"[/b][/color]

Not all accessories are gonna make sense. There have always been figure accessories that don't make sense. Yoda w/snake around his neck, Chewbacca with that big rifle (from POTF2), etc. It's just extra crap for kids to have fun with.