Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12" Checklist by Movie

Here's a 12" Checklist by the movie. I need some help and there are some I forgot. I'm sleepy at the moment, so I'll try and see if I got everyone covered soon. Meanwhile, you can copy-past and add on if you wish...

ANH.....ESB.........ROTJ..........TPM............. AOTC........ROTS

Luke.......Lando.......Ackbar.......Qui-Gon.......Anakin.......Grievous
    Han........Luke B......Chewie C....JarJar..........Obi-Wan....Clone
    Obi-Wan..Boba F.....Leia Boush...Maul...........Clone.........Palpatine
    Vader......Yoda.......Palpatine.....Obi-Wan......Zam W.......Shaak-Ti
    Tusken.....SnowT....Wicket........BattleDroid...Do oku........Barriss
    Leia.........AT-AT.....Barquin.......Watto.........SuperBD.....Vad er-kin
    Luke X.....Han Hoth..Luke Jedi....Anakin.........Clone Cap...
    Storm......Luke Hoth.Han Carb.....Pit Droids....Clone Cmdr.
    Jawa.......Wampa.....Leia slave....R2-A6........Geonosian..
    R2D2.......TaunTaun..Boba F.......Mace..........Padme.....
    C-3PO.....Bossk.......Bib Fortuna..QuiGon Ta...Anakin 2-saber
    TIE Pilot...IG-88.......Gamorrean...C-3PO........Jango Fett
    Tarkin......Zuckuss....Lando Skiff..Padme Ta...Ki-Adi Mundi
    DS Gunr...4-LOM......R2 Bartendr..Sebulba......Plo Koon
    Luke Stm..Dengar.....Logray........Anakin Pilt...Mace
    Han Stm...Leia Hoth..Keeolkeech..Boss Nass...Yoda
    Biggs.......Han Bespin..Bikerscout..Queen Btl.
    Wedge....C-3PO RL....Anakin MP...Aurra Sing
    Chewie....................Darth RH
    Imp Off...

Re: 12" Checklist by Movie

I don't collect the 12" lines but just browsing your list Tycho I noticed you didn't have: ANH Cantina Band Members, ROTS Chewie, TPM TC-14, ANH 100th Luke (I don't know if you'd count this one), TPM Captain Tarpals and Kaadu, TPM Maul and Speeder (Once again don't know if you'd count this as you have Maul already), ANH Sandtrooper, ANH Sandtrooper and Dewback, ROTJ Royal Guard (how the hell did you miss him he cam with the Palps that you have on the list), and ANH Greedo.

Damn! I guess I knew more than I thought. I wasn't sure on some as you can see but that's what I came up with.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Oh I was sleepy and did the list right before bed.

I stated that I didn't have time to finish it. I was adding in as much as I could, often wave-by-wave, but it gets crazy when you're thinking of organizing them in the movie columns.

Maybe I'll work on this some more later, or someone else will copy-paste my list and complete it first.

A pattern we can see is this:

The line starts to whither during AOTC and then is thus far really narrow for ROTS.

ANH could go on and on.

There are more prequel choices from all 3 films, Nute Gunray being one of the most obvious. However it doesn't seem likely and others have pointed out that Hasbro has had difficulty selling that character.

An exclusive 2-pack with Nute and a re-released Battle Droid would be a cost effective way to do it, seeing as how 12" BD's were last available in 2000.

I was just helping out and filling in the blanks that I knew of. It's unfortunate that the line is dwindling. Even though I don't collect them I do occasionally buy them (I do have all of the TPM ones though) if I have extra money on me. I would like in the near future to purchase ALL of the 12" figures but that's in the way future.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I think I'm starting to see the line like the POTATO HEAD line.

There you get a potato with parts to make it look like Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper. Right?

Here you get a standard doll body (like if SW figures didn't exist at all) and it comes dressed up in Star Wars clothes so you don't have to make them.

Once in a while, you get a nice surprise in extra articulation and likeness (such as Dooku) or you get a really cool accessory uniform like Luke X-wing or Han Solo Hoth Gear.

You're not buying these to be perfect, else Bossk would be taller and more of the characters would have their own body-type molds.

I buy these because they are fun, accent a collection, and they definitely stand out. Some disappoint and that's unfortunate, but I display them more than play with them.

Dooku does not have special "extra articulation", he's just using a newer GI Joe body.

BTW, you didn't mention TPM - Queen Amidala (from the Amidala collection, there's a lot of these so it'd be multiple listings). I count it separate from Padme because most aren't Padme but her handmaiden posting as the queen.

The line starts to whither during AOTC and then is thus far really narrow for ROTS.
    I would disagree, the line didn't sell well during Ep 1, this is where the quality went down and sales went down, from here it fluctuated but rarely succeeded, even in the better work.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I would disagree, the line didn't sell well during Ep 1, this is where the quality went down and sales went down, from here it fluctuated but rarely succeeded, even in the better work.
    Would you say that the fault lay with the prequel MOVIES and not with the toys then?

The initial waves from TPM were Qui-Gon, Maul, Jar-Jar, then Obi-Wan, Watto, Battle Droid.

Later Mace was cool, but Qui-Gon Tatooine, and OOM-9 were sort of too close to rehashes at that time.

However, when you look at the Jedi and Maul figures, their likenesses and accessories were about on par with 1996's Han and Luke figures, or especially Obi-Wan (likness not counting). Han had one extra blaster. Luke had the blaster and ... I forgot, I gave mine the binoculars from the 3-pack...nevermind.

So isn't there cause to say it was the movies and not the quality at that point? (TPM)

I would say that the problem spread across both, Ep 1 didn't inspire people as much to buy these toys and none of them were as iconic as the OT stuff, and the toys were cheaper-quality with less accurate outfits and less accessories, plus the choice of characters was poor as well. And it's not like the original POTF2-era 12" did that great anyway so that reference isn't such hot stuff, the line took a while to pick up any steam at all.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    plus the choice of characters was poor as well.
    Do you mean because of the movies? Or what characters could they have made from TPM and AOTC that would have sold better?

Jar Jar in the first wave? What does this guy actually DO? Or how about Watto instead of a Darth Sidious/Palpatine? Boring old Chancellor Valorum and Boss Nass? Obi-Wan in the third wave that didn't come out until 4 months after the movie, even though he's a main Jedi? 2 different Qui-Gons and Anakins and Battle Droids?!? No Battle Droid on STAP or transforming Droideka? Chromed R2-A6 instead of a more important droid? We never got a Gungan Warrior, Droideka, transforming Battle Droid, Captain Panaka, or a lot of other action characters, instead we get mostly boring guys and nobodies. Darth Maul, the main villain, is super incredibly popular at first but it was almost like he was shortpacked! And it's not like a lot of the figures we got were that good representations of the characters anyway, the line wasn't initially enticing to casual collectors and that is the meat of the market (of course, the legendary misery of trying to find Maul killed the line right out of the gate for them anyway).