R2-D2 #48 package variation

I found this figure both with and without vent holes on the bubble over the impressions on the tray above R2-D2.

Re: R2-D2 #48 package variation

what stores are the new figs popping up in? also need a lava vader. have tons to trade. see autions wanted section.

Can anyone tell me if this is a brand new R2-D2 figure.
    It looks to me very much like the R2 (Coruscant Sentry) figure from AOTC.

MF - It is...only with new sounds.

the AOTC has i think 3 or 4 diff... sounds but the new figure that came out only has one sound effect what a rip off

Lightbulb Re: R2-D2 #48 package variation

Quote Originally Posted by eg45
    the AOTC has i think 3 or 4 diff... sounds but the new figure that came out only has one sound effect what a rip off
    Wrong!

It will make different sounds depending on how you press the button. If you press and hold it, it makes the same sound each time. But if you press it and release it quickly, it makes a few other different sounds...

I have gotten this figure with and without the wholes too! I'm pretty sure without wholes was the first run, then with holes to "hear the sounds better" or something.

Found both versions of this the other day. But since I couldn't give a damn about variations I left both on the shelf as I already have one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!