Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Silly Scary Story

MAN This actually just happened and it scared the CRAP outta me for a few minutes...
    I woke up this morning at about 7 am and came into my computer room as usual for a saturday... as I entered the room (which is at the very front of the house) I heard a weird noise as if something moved- no big surprise as we are currently hard at work refinishing our floors and there is stuff piled everywheres
    I tried to recreate the noise and was unsuccessful, so I figured it was just a random shifting.

THEN I noticed my prized hanging pitcher plants (Nepenthes ventricosa, to be specific) all knocked over on the windowsill- they are kinda unbalanced and we had some pretty fierce wind yesterday, so I stood them back up and watered them and went about my internet stuff....

After a few minutes I noticed a funny noise coming from my PC tower..... since it is REALLY hot today and we don't have airconditioning, I thought there could be some sort of mechanical issue. The noise kinda kept occuring and so I started thwacking the tower a bit to see if I could just knock whatever was loose back in place. It seemed to fix it, but the noise kept coming back, and sorta seemed different each time, and this kept up for more than an hour... I finally thought to run my hand along the whole tower, front-to-back (it is underneath my desk, which itself has a bunch of different fold-out "leaves and stuff, but is all openconcept with no "sides" to speak of, just metal and flat leaves) and as my hand got to the very back of the tower I heard a definite "WHUMP" and some sort of shuffle.. I was SURE something funny was going on so I knelt down to get a look under the table and got a TOTAL shock....

Hanging down from somewhere behind the monitor was a hairless tail about 3/4" thick and over a FOOT long!!!

Needless to say it scared the living CRAP out of me so I ran out of the room and closed the door to think up a strategy. It took me almost 30 minutes to actually find the thing and get a look at it- it was a pretty small (Thank the maker) opossum and it was hiding in the corner under the radiator after I scared it away from the PC.... it took about an hour to coax the damn thing safely out of the room- it was clearly scared (way moreso than I was I think ) and seemed hell bent on going toward the centre of the house rather than out the front door which I had propped open....

I found out after calling JediElf at work that she found the back door had accidentally been left open and that she had a funny feeling something had gotten in...
    I guess the moral of the story is make sure you close your doors, and if your PC is making funny noises, you might want to call some sort of animal servicepeople if you have the same problem I had....

And in case you're wondering, I snapped a pic of it, so when it gets developed I will add a visual dimension to this stupid story
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Re: A Silly Scary Story

Thats funny schtuff. LMAO
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

You were lucky - them buggers can be fierce S.O.B.s!

One night, I opened our back door to let the dog in and all I could see was her eyes glowing from underneath the table on the back deck. I kept calling and calling her, but she wouldn't come in. I got ticked off and flipped on the backlight as I stepped outside. That wasn't my dog - it was huge friggin' possum and it started hissing at me! Needless to say, I was in the house at lightspeed. Scared the livin' crap out of me! I was a little closer to that thing than I would have liked to be.

BTW, the dog was inside already - mom let her in and didn't tell me.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

LMAO ROcketboy. NIce mom ya got there, feeding ya to the possums.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

One of the nicer things about living in an apartment off the first floor is we don't have this anymore. I live at the foot of a small mountain range though, so there's always squirrels, possums, and skunks in front and around the sides of the building, but they never get above the garage level.

The worst I ever had it was when I was a kid and we were living in a more rural part of LA county, we had a bird fly into the living room and hide in there for a few days. And of course, cats would bring in birds to us on rare occasion, one time it wasn't dead - I don't remember how we dealt with that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Skunks are the worst, the good thing is they will wake you from a dead sleep. One night a skunk sprayed near our central air unit and it was coming through the vents, Jacob, who was 4 at the time woke up and was yelling the house stunk becuase of his pillow.

Jim Jam Bonds and I were returning home tonight from a viewing of the most recent Star Wars picture and while clicking down the Interstate (I was driving), I bullseyed a womprat. "Something" darted out from the median and had a final meeting with the side of my car.

It was scary for a moment and I couldn't tell what it was . . . Jim Jam pointed out that it had a bit of a "hop" to it so it wasn't a dog but it was dark in color and too big in my opinion to be a rabbit so we weren't sure. Then we got into town and on a city street I had to slow down as a racoon darted across the street. It had a very similar gait to that of the animal on the highway so we think it was a racoon we hit.

Poor little guy or gal.

I hit a rabbit on Easter SUnday once.

my new apartment complex has a small lake, or a large pond... perhaps a plake, or a lond... whatever. so i was on my way to work the other day, and there's a car just stopped in the middle of the lane to the exit. the driver is staring out the driver's side window at one of the largest turtles i've ever been this close to... it was about a foot and a half long, foot wide. as i came up behind the car, it started off again... i figured they were going to get out and move it, the turtle was in the middle of the road! they left, though, and i figured i had to remove the guy from the road. so i pulled over, and walked over to it. it pulled back into it's shell, and as i walked around the back of it, i picked it up by the sides of it's shell. it made some weird breathing/grunting sound (i had no idea turtles made noises...) and as i started to walk over to the grass near the plake, it started leaking water out the back. i don't now if it was peeing or just the shell was full of plake water, but it started as a trickle, and then opened up like a garden hose! it hit my shoe (which didn't smell particularly like anything but a shoe, afterward, thank god!) and just left this huge trail of water from the middle of the road to the side! i figured anyone who saw the new guy in the complex do this thought he was completely friggin' nuts!!! but it was pretty funny.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Jim Jam Bonds and I were returning home tonight from a viewing of the most recent Star Wars picture and while clicking down the Interstate (I was driving), I bullseyed a womprat. "Something" darted out from the median and had a final meeting with the side of my car.

It was scary for a moment and I couldn't tell what it was . . . Jim Jam pointed out that it had a bit of a "hop" to it so it wasn't a dog but it was dark in color and too big in my opinion to be a rabbit so we weren't sure. Then we got into town and on a city street I had to slow down as a racoon darted across the street. It had a very similar gait to that of the animal on the highway so we think it was a racoon we hit.

Poor little guy or gal.
    Maybe if you hadn't been driving in such a glib mannor Caesar you would have been able to do something about it. Next thing you'll say that little critter should be put on Ritalin.