Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU Exclusive Clone Trooper Sets

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93465

Apparently we'll soon see more clone 3-packs, including Coruscant shock troopers, Jedi Temple raid troopers, and Utapau troopers. This sounds sweet! I hope they aren't just the deluxe sets, but even if they are, that would be cool.

Re: TRU Exclusive Clone Trooper Sets

I don't think it will be the Deluxe sets. That would be silly, frankly. And we've already seen that Hasbro will do use the SP Clonetrooper for Target. So these will probably be repaints of the Super Poseable Clonetrooper. And hopefully the Utapau set includes Commander Cody as well.
    Last edited by Beast; 06-27-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, this is going to make a lot of people head into Toys R Us. That's a great idea for a store exclusive. Now I want to see two things from this: one I would like to see more than one case of these show up at each store, and two I would like to see them find some way to prevent scalpers from turning these "store exclusives" into what they always become: Ebay exclusives!

Toys R Us has something really good here, and though I've always been an advocate to support them over Wal Mart and Target, they'll get extra support from me on this one, assuming I can find them. My wallet on the other hand will be very unsupported.

I don't like the sound of this news at all. If they were 4-packs I might buy into the idea that Hasbro would use the SA Clone mold but because they're 3-packs I'd wager they're going to simply repaint those crap unarticulated Deluxe Clones again. If they did use the SA mold they'd have to charge between $18 and $20 per 3-pack and I have a hard time imagining TRU being into that idea regardless of how good the figure is.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Sound good? Absolutely
    Gonna be hard to find? More than likely
    Gonna be overpriced? Probably

Here's my prediction, we'll know more at Comic-Con...

I just hope they match the SA customs I already did.

Sounds like a cool idea but if they are exclusives than who knows if I'll ever see them isstores. Oh well, theres always Ebay.
    [color=red][b]"Your destiny lyes with me Skywalker. Obi-Wan knew this to be true."[/b][/color]
    [color=blue][b]"No!"[/b][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace
    Oh, this is going to make a lot of people head into Toys R Us. That's a great idea for a store exclusive. Now I want to see two things from this: one I would like to see more than one case of these show up at each store, and two I would like to see them find some way to prevent scalpers from turning these "store exclusives" into what they always become: Ebay exclusives!

Toys R Us has something really good here, and though I've always been an advocate to support them over Wal Mart and Target, they'll get extra support from me on this one, assuming I can find them. My wallet on the other hand will be very unsupported.
    I will probably pre-order them. If I could just get the packing monkeys to quit damaging my items. Like their affilliate Brian's Toys who know how to pack an item. I will support TRU if they will support us collectors. Now that the company has changed hands I hope they will make a few changes like identifying and firing the in house scalpers that work for them. Maybe installing security cameras in the stockroom. I don't know how they can solve this problem, but they need to solve it at least at my local TRU. As far as the Troopers are concerned, I hope they are the SA Clones and not the cheesy Deluxe type. I would pay good money like I did for the EE Clones for a superior product. Hope you are reading these forums TRU!

i have a very bad feeling that they're going to repaints of the deluxe clones not to mention very difficult to find. hopefully we can preorder on amazon.

on the bright side, since they're making Utapau Clones, that should make Commander Cody a shoo-in as one of the 12 ROTS figures they're going to announce shortly.

JarJarBinks said:
    I don't think it will be the Deluxe sets. That would be silly, frankly. And we've already seen that Hasbro will do use the SP Clonetrooper for Target. So these will probably be repaints of the Super Poseable Clonetrooper. And hopefully the Utapau set includes Commander Cody as well.
    Boy, I hope you're right. If this turns out to be a repaint of the "Deluxe" 3 pack, I'm going to take the money I was going spend on them and buy Hasbro a clue.

Sy Snootles lip synchs