Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Anyone else who bought At-At and is sour...

Guys,

Just wondering anyone else who bought an At-At or two who is sour or not happy about this re-release???

Just trying to see if I am the crazy one or not...
    "Do or do not there is no try" -Yoda

Re: Anyone else who bought At-At and is sour...

I think you just need to chill the F out....and re-evaluate why you collect. If you come to the same conclusion then clearly its time to move on. Why cry about it?

You as well as all of us know that MR is NOT required to do anything they dont want to. Its a business and a company and thats how s**t goes. Either you collect it or not, im sure they wont lose sleep over your gripes. I see what you are saying, but frankly that is not enough for me to stop collecting MR products.

Angry Re: Anyone else who bought At-At and is sour...

Quote Originally Posted by nash
    I think you just need to chill the F out....and re-evaluate why you collect. If you come to the same conclusion then clearly its time to move on. Why cry about it?

You as well as all of us know that MR is NOT required to do anything they dont want to. Its a business and a company and thats how sh*t goes. Either you collect it or not, im sure they wont lose sleep over your gripes. I see what you are saying, but frankly that is not enough for me to stop collecting MR products.
    Nash hey why don't you chill the F out... Is this not a forum where I can post my thoughts? Ask SSG about me, he knows me I used to work for SSG. You don't even know me so don't start talking S---... I don't collect for the money I have a huge collection of all sorts of things, but don't give this crap about you not caring if every MR item you had, was selling at Toys R Us sitting on a peg on clearence for $1. Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay...

Get a Education E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N you jerk...

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FI GHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

I'll get the popcorn!!!

Seriously, guys... calm down. It's all good. This is supposed to be a form of ideas. If you don't want to read a thread, don't. Nash, the language was a bad form. No need for that here. Artdoesart has a gripe. Let him air it.

"Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay... "

whats wrong with the secondary market going that way? obviously Hasbro isnt going to rerelease Weequay in large quantities when the first release was clogging pegs. if you're a collector you have to just accept that there are going to be things like the FF Weequay. personally, i say leave the variants to the suckers. as long as i'm able to get a particular figure thats all i care about.

Quote Originally Posted by DXiRoNMaN
    "Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay... "

whats wrong with the secondary market going that way? obviously Hasbro isnt going to rerelease Weequay in large quantities when the first release was clogging pegs. if you're a collector you have to just accept that there are going to be things like the FF Weequay. personally, i say leave the variants to the suckers. as long as i'm able to get a particular figure thats all i care about.
    I hear you... My whole argument was pretty much saying, if you paid for the FF Skiff Guard and then you find out they made more because people wanted it and it was a good source of revenue for Hasbro, you would be bent... The point being you paid a lot of money for it like I did the AT-AT. I never said anything about driving prices up to sell them for huge profits you know? One has to admit when we collect stuff its nice knowing its of value not only to ones mind/heart but also to the rest of the world...

Thanks for your words though.

I don't own any of the LEs, so for me this is all academic, but let me ask you, if MR never said the original Studio AT-AT was a limited item, they released some, and then released another batch later, would you still be cheesed off?

If so, and having seen some of your other thread I can guess that's the main issue for you, what does "limited" mean to you here and why does it mean so much? I can understand, I've felt it too occasionally, but in general I dislike limited collectibles because the limitation brings aftermarket issues and replacement issues and keeps late-comers out of the loop.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd be perfectly happy if I owned a Master Replias AT-AT -it doesnt matter which version.

I know where you're coming from artdoesart, but the same thing happens when MR does the Elite Edition lightsabers after doing the Limited Editions. Which are rehashes of the same thing. I dont mind as long as I have one of them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I don't own any of the LEs, so for me this is all academic, but let me ask you, if MR never said the original Studio AT-AT was a limited item, they released some, and then released another batch later, would you still be cheesed off?

If so, and having seen some of your other thread I can guess that's the main issue for you, what does "limited" mean to you here and why does it mean so much? I can understand, I've felt it too occasionally, but in general I dislike limited collectibles because the limitation brings aftermarket issues and replacement issues and keeps late-comers out of the loop.
    I support of lack of support for LE is not the real point. As I said I never told them to make LE items, they are the ones who said its limited to 1000 pcs. When someone says its limited for some people like me, it drives them to have a quick response. Mainly being if the item is worth buying and is popular due to the scarcity of the item (LE) it will sell out fast. If you wait too long the item will be on ebay going for 200% or more. So if you really want the item you have to buy it ASAP regardless if you have the money or not or have to borrow it etc.

So "limited" means a lot to me, if I knew it was not limited I wouldn't have bought mine on the first day and would have waited. Likewise if you check the statistics, many people like me did not wait long either they sold about 70% of them on day 1.

I am ****ed because I bought something that was misrepresented and then retooled (as they say) and sold again pretty much making the LE not a LE. I don't know why everyone is getting on my case about this, but I am not the one who sold the item as is and then changed their mind. Furthermore everyone commenting on this issue doesn't even own an ATAT so does not feel my anguish.

Lastly you speak of not liking LE's because it sucks for other people etc. Well I am sorry thats life, a lot of things are like that especially with highend products like MR and the like. Take for instance Ferrari they made the ENZO a few years back and limited its production to several hundred. The cost is a mere $1mil however no one can just buy the car, you have to be invited to buy the car and must have purchased two Ferrari's in the past. Do you think that is fair? No but high-end collectibles whether sportscars and/or manufacturers of expensive metal forged into lightsabers its all the same. If you expect people to respect your product you must also be ethical. Breaking promises is suppose to be reserved for corporate Giants and not smaller shops....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I'd be perfectly happy if I owned a Master Replias AT-AT -it doesnt matter which version.

I know where you're coming from artdoesart, but the same thing happens when MR does the Elite Edition lightsabers after doing the Limited Editions. Which are rehashes of the same thing. I dont mind as long as I have one of them.
    Thanks one guy here understands... But consider this buying the Luke saber pretty much their most valued saber of them all the ROTJ which was their first production. The thing goes for a lot on eBay consider paying $1800 for yours and then a fw months later they release it again calling it a Elite Edition... you would be sour... Most people would assume they would not produce it again...

Also consider these are not $5 items, they are high end collectibles so therefore rareity and limited editions is their niche. You can't expect to last as a company that performs in this industry if you break ties with those who only collect high-end collectibles. Think about many of their customers care about this, many don't spend time chatting about Star Wars on a forum. Mos guys I know that I have bought these are well off, like my friend who works for Goldmann Sachs and well he makes six digits, doesn't even know about SSG but he loved Star Wars as a kid and pretty much has one of everything on his mantle. But he is not going to be here chatting about it... Notice everyone here who has spoke on this matter doesn't even own an ATAT so there frustrations can not be realized.

I thank you for your understanding but I just feel burnt. If they never said there items were limited to 1000pcs I would have no qualms.