Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry Worst vintage figure

Just what the title says, who is the worst of all vintage figures?

I pick Luke Stormtrooper. Terrible sculpt, especially after the excellence of the ROTJ line. In fact many of the POTF figures where a step down in quality from what we saw in the ROTJ line. Luke Endor, Barada, Han Carbonite; but Luke Stormtrooper was the worst. If this figure wasn't so rare I doubt there would be much hype surrounding him at all.

I never liked the Stormtroopers myself. I never understood why you couldn't move their head.

Those white guys...

Yeah... I'd have to agree, too. The Stormtrooper was a mainstay throughout the entire line, so my vote would have to go with the Stormtrooper. I agree that the LUKE Stormtrooper was pretty bad, too, but it had such a limited release that I really could ignore that one.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Post Gotta sub-divide this list!

Worst figure I actually used to play with: Death Star Droid (no gripping hands, tarnished easily)

Worst loose figure I bought as a collector: Han Carbonite (wrong position inside freezing block, goofy neck)

Worst carded figure I've never actually touched: Imperial Dignitary (no playabilty at all)

"May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Bel-cam...

You are free to do this list however you wish!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Han Carbonite and Luke Stormtrooper would get my vote also.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I'm very forgiving of the original SW action figures, since the idea of making 3 3/4" figures was still pretty new back then and there was only so much detail that could be done in 1978.

However, Kenner re-releasing them consistently until 1985 without change always irked me. This was back when I was a kid and dreamed about resculpts (if I had only known what a plague they would become).

Nonetheless, Luke Stormtrooper still gets my vote for worst figure since, after 8 years of advancements, his helmet still managed to look worse than the 1978 Stormtrooper head!

Lightbulb Hmmm...

See, now when I saw the back of my POTF Lando General, the three figures I drooled over ("Mmm... rare collectibles..." ) were Han Carbonite, Imperial Gunner, and Luke Trooper. I still have to hold back on opening my carded Luke. I don't see him as a negative at all! He'd be in my top 20 definately. Han Carbonite's just disappointing, not really awful.

Other "Not so good, Al" level figures:
    FX-7 (yawn)
    Dengar (is DengarsBackpack registered here still?)
    Ben Kenobi (it's the goofy-looking legs!)
    Anakin Skywalker (see Imperial Dignitary)
    Klaatu Skiff Guard (can't hold his weapon well, and ahrd to turn his head)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'd have to pick Walrusman. Why did Lucas make such a stink about Snaggletooth's accuracy then let this day-glo monstrosity slip through the cracks?

I agree with Bel-Cam, Death Star Droid was my least favorite as a kid and still is. Basically, I bought this figure to complete the collection and then left it in the DV collector case - and the finish still wore off.

Also, the imperial dignitary was pretty boring, along with Anakin Skywalker - although I wouldn't mind having more of each now!