Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R2-D2 #48 Sound effects

Posted this in the "Variations" section because the topic came up, but thought I would repost it here in case anyone wasn't aware.

The R2-D2 makes a few different sound effects, depending on how you press the button. If you press and hold, it continually makes the same sound effect, but if you press and release quickly, it makes a few other sounds as well.

Just wanted to point that out, 'cause another member thought the figure was a rip-off "because in only made one sound".

Re: R2-D2 #48 Sound effects

I think mine is broken, I keep pushing the button only to here R2 say, "My Spidey Sense is Tingling."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhudy
    Posted this in the "Variations" section because the topic came up, but thought I would repost it here in case anyone wasn't aware.

The R2-D2 makes a few different sound effects, depending on how you press the button. If you press and hold, it continually makes the same sound effect, but if you press and release quickly, it makes a few other sounds as well.

Just wanted to point that out, 'cause another member thought the figure was a rip-off "because in only made one sound".
    thanks for letting me know. i guess its not so much as a rip-off now.

No sweat - I thought the same thing when I first bought it, until I played around with it a little bit!

The cool thing about this R2 is that it has the sound effects when R2 runs into the wall on the ship. It doesn't have the crashing sound, but everything just before.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I decided against this one, simply because there are so many R2 variants, the sounds aren't enough to make me want it. It seemed to be the most plentiful when I found the wave at Target yesterday, but by tonight, they were all gone. Even if it's not the collectors getting this one, it's definitely the most "kid friendly" figure of those released in the last few waves, so I'm sure parents are grabbing this one.

last night i open the little r2 unit and pulled all the other r2s with sounds, i have 4 total . 1st , r2 with magnet feet and stand this one has a red light and standard sounds, 2nd r2 sentry with the green yellowish light, 3rd was r2 muddy degoba, hes missing a foot, but has a great screem sound, then the newest one, i like its sounds. you would think they could make one with a blue light.
    later

The Dagobah R2 works the same way. Press and hold the button and you get the scream. Press it quickly and you get one of 3-4 different sounds.

I don't have it yet, but I hate how all the astro droids have light-up big eyes and not the little thing underneath them. The only one that has the correct one is R2-R9, the red droid from the Naboo Royal Starship, I believe. In the movie, those are always black, but on the figures they're usually always the main color of the droid.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I finally found this figure today at Target and I have to say that its cool. I'm satisfied with this one, having had so many other different R2's in my collection.
    [color=red][b]"Your destiny lyes with me Skywalker. Obi-Wan knew this to be true."[/b][/color]
    [color=blue][b]"No!"[/b][/color]