A hello and a quick collecting question

I'm hoping that this an acceptible place to post this, nowhere else seems to fit.

I've been collecting Star Wars figures for probably around 10 years now. WHen i first started i was still at an age where they were for playing purposes. YEt eventually as i grew i reached a point where i couldnt decide whether or not to continue opening the figures i ought or to leave them carded. However, i believe i've reached a decision to contiue opening them as that way they look cooler on display and take up less room. However I still for one reason or another, kept most of the Packaging from the figures i did open.

As i've been cleaning out recently I have come accross this packaging and was wondering if there was any real worth in keeping it?

Re: A hello and a quick collecting question

Welcome to the boards!

No, I don't think there's any real worth to the packaging unless the figure's still on it. Some people might use them to make cards for custom figures, but they won't fetch a whole bunch of money. If you like the packaging, save it; if you don't, then go ahead and get rid of it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I agree with the above statement. No need to keep it unless the figure is on it.

Welcome to the boards.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The only thing I would say to keep is card backs. They're by far the coolest type of packaging and they don't take up much room if you discard the bubbles. This way you get the best of both worlds!!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I saved all my cards, boxes, instructions, and mini-catalogs from the original Kenner line and I'm glad I did. It's fun looking through that stuff and it doesn't take up much storage space if the boxes are flattened.

I do save all the packaging and inserts from the toys I collect now as well. I pitch the plastic bubbles and clamshells though.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I too save all my cardbacks and printed stuff, I used to save the bubble stickers as well but that got out of hand very quickly, takes too long to cut 'em out and the bubbles are a nightmare to store. It's fun to look at the packaging, it's a great reminder of when you bought them and has interesting info and graphics, plus once you toss out the bubbles and trays and such it's all flat so it doesn't take up very much space.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I toss all of my packaging for toys, unless it's a specific collection thing like Transformers Tracks variations. I tossed all of the cards i got from ROTS. I use to collect the cards and threw away the bubbles but now I just don't have the room and think it's kinda pointless, especially with star wars figures. I only keep the cards now only if I keep the figure sealed.
    "I have you now."