Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

War of the Worlds

I have only one word for this movie: Totally f**king awesome. You really have to go and see it. One of the best movies that I've seen in a long time. It's got some really creepy parts and, except for about 20 minutes, the movie is complete action.

This one gets a 5 out of 5 on the Slicker scale.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: War of the Worlds

I gotta agree with you there. This was the most fun I've had at a movie since...well, ROTS. But I thought it was great.

SPOILERS

-The alien tripods were pretty frightening. I liked the noise they made just before they would start to attack. It sounded like a foghorn mixed with a dinosaur noise from Jurassic Park.
    -The cast did a pretty good job. But Tim Robbins did get kind of annoying after five minutes. Thank god Tom Cruise snuffed him.
    -It was really dramatic when the son was believed to be dead, but at the end when he showed up...I just thought it was kind of cheesy. I would have preferred a darker ending.

But I do have one question:

How did the aliens actually die out? When Tom Cruise blew up the ship that captured him, was it the mothership, which caused the other ships to malfunction, or was it the birds that had something to do with it???

END SPOILERS

Anyway, I think that this is a great movie. In my opinion, it's Spielberg's best since "Saving Private Ryan".
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I've been skeptical.
    And Tommy going off the deep end lately hasn't really helped my interest in seeing it.

Then again, it is a Spielberg flick...

Plus, Slick does tend to have a similar taste movies.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    But I do have one question:

How did the aliens actually die out? When Tom Cruise blew up the ship that captured him, was it the mothership, which caused the other ships to malfunction, or was it the birds that had something to do with it???
    SPOILER AHEAD HIGHLIGHT TO READ (ESPECIALLY YOU GENERAL GRIEVOUS )

The machines died because of the organisms in the human body. At least that's what I got from it. It's kinda like when the white man came to the "New World" and brought disease unknown to the natives and they died of easily curable diseases that there bodies hadn't built up an immunity to.

END OF SPOILER
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Can't wait to see it. Looks awesome. I have a weakness for summer popcorn flicks.

For some strange reason (and I have no idea why) I have no intrest in seeing this movie. I know I should...but I don't. What the hell is wrong with me?? I am much more interested in seeing Charlie and the Chocholate Factory. I guess I'm going to need a good beating

My friend & brother in law all went to see this last night, I have to say I did not like this movie as much as I thought I would. We all agreed that it was non stop action from start to finish, Mr. Cruise & the rest of the cast did an excellent job, but it lacked something IMHO, I'm not quite sure what it was. Mr. Cruise & his private life antics did not play a part in any of our opinions or anything like that; we just thought it fell short of the mark so to speak. Yes the movie looked realistic, but come on, the whole family survived without a scratch nor a missing limb. The mothers house at the end untouched & looking as rich as the day it was built weighed on our minds as well as the fact these aliens invaded & took over a planet in four to five days only to killed by bacteria. Geeze you would think that all the planning they did over a million years that someone on their team would look into the compatibility with their species vs our planet. This movie was pointless from start to finish with a craptacular ending IMHO. The only thing that was moving was Mr Cruise (the deadbeat dad) doing his best to cope with things to save his kids, in the end that was the only moving point I guess. (deadbeat to loving caring father) We tried hard to like this movie but all three of us thought it came up short on some level.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I don't think I'll be seeing this one, I love Spielberg's work but I'm not a fan of Tommy's although there are some films I liked him in. When it comes to him in a Mission Impossible/Last Samurai/WoW type flick it just does not work for me. I just can't believe that he is the one that is supposed to save the world/mankind. The same goes for Revees, Keanu. I just can't believe that he is the one to save the world maybe that is due to me thinking about his Bill and Ted days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    For some strange reason (and I have no idea why) I have no intrest in seeing this movie. I know I should...but I don't. Factory.
    Don't worry, you're not alone. I feel pretty much the same way about it. I'll go see it at the discount theater or rent it, but I'm in no big hurry to see it (sorry, Slick!).
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

If anything the end sucked complete *****. I utterly hated how there ENTIRE family survived when 1,000,000,000 people died.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!