Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Hoth set from TRU

You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Re: New Hoth set from TRU

My guess is Veers, Snowtrooper, Vader, AT_AT Driver and some kind of display/vehicle. Possibly the tripod gun.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'd love to see a new Veers (or even just call it a generic "AT-AT Commander"). The one that came with the old AT-AT was sweet, but his shoulders were sorta narrow.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by KH
    My guess is Veers, Snowtrooper, Vader, AT_AT Driver and some kind of display/vehicle. Possibly the tripod gun.
    I'm hopin' you're correct KH. That's be a sweet 5 pack.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

"Only available online"? Does this mean they learned their lesson from previous craptastic multipacks warming shelves at local TRU's for over a year?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It will be awesome if we get new sculpts of the figures and a better pack in instead of the stale tripod laser cannon. I would imagine the figures would be the OTC Hoth Vader, hopefully the saga Snowtrooper, and the Potf Veers. perhaps we'll get lucky and get a Probe Droid.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "Only available online"? Does this mean they learned their lesson from previous craptastic multipacks warming shelves at local TRU's for over a year?
    It says that on a lot of things that are clearly available in stores, including Ask Yoda. But maybe this really is an internet exclusive, who knows?

I assume this is another Battlepack. If done correctly, it could be cool. Hopefully they don't include another one of those damn tripod guns, as they've already released that like eighteen times.

Just slap five snowtroopers in a box and I'll be as happy as a clam.

Five snowtroopers would be sweet too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have enough Snowtroopers, Vaders, AT-AT drivers, and probe droids. If it really is all imperials they could only get me to buy it if it had VEERS!

I would like it if it would have Hoth Rebel Soldier and Hoth Commander like the Vintage Kenner figures. Maybe K-3P0 without the battle damage. A Derlin figure or a Toryn Farr would be good. I'd prefer it wasn't just Imperials.

I think we can assume there won't be any new sculpts or previously unmade characters - they seem to be the preserve of the basic carded figure range. Maybe they'll be 'new' figures of already produced characters assembled from various other existing figures...and the tri-pod gun of course (its just one of those things that you really can have too much of isn't it?)

By making it a Hoth themed Imperial set its definitely going to be limited to figures we've already seen in some form (Ozzel might be in it for one and those others already mentioned). In the ideal world this would have been a Hoth echo base set with 'actually' new figures. The rebel forces on Hoth desperately need to be filled out with Major Derlin, about two different deck officer types, Torryn Faar, the R5 unit with the black head, power droids, a proper hoth rebel soldier not that joke from the saga line and I'm sure many others.
    Last edited by Devo; 06-30-2005 at 07:42 PM.