Thread: Life's a Beach

Life's a Beach

So I bought this palm tree with hammock wine bottle holder the other day and showed it off in the "useless appliances" thread.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/att...chmentid=11586
    ---
    Well, I decided use it in a little summer beach scene I finished last night.

http://uploads.bardiir.de/2005070121271660393.jpg

I bought some play sand at the local home improvement store (50lbs for a buck!) and built a small wood border to keep the sand in place. Then I added some accessories I had on hand.

http://uploads.bardiir.de/2005070121282260395.jpg

The beach chairs and carton of Coke are actually christmas ornaments I got on clearance. The little camp fire and marshmallows on a stick are from a Muppets "Frog Scout Robin" figure by Palisades.

It's kinda like one of those Zen gardens, but I don't have any miniature sand rakes. Pretty cool, huh?
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Re: Life's a Beach

That is awesome!

But one question: don't you have like 49 pounds of extra sand?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Build a sandbox and make a Sarlacc Diorama with the rest.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Since Rocketboy asked question #1 I'll pipe in with query #2: When can we come over and give this neat stuff a test run?

Where are the Star Wars figures on vacation???
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At least Slave Leia. She is dressed for the occasion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    That is awesome!

But one question: don't you have like 49 pounds of extra sand?
    Yeah, it took about gallon and a half of sand so I have a lot leftover. I'll probably use it for something else, like maybe a Pirates of Caribbean figure display. A Sarlacc pit as KH suggested would be a cool idea, I've always wanted to display my skiffs next to something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB
    Since Rocketboy asked question #1 I'll pipe in with query #2: When can we come over and give this neat stuff a test run?
    What, play in the sand or drink my rum?
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Where are the Star Wars figures on vacation???
    Pfft.. Star Wars figs don't go to the beach since their POFT2 muscle-bound heydays. These puny waifish figs that Hasbro makes now would have their girl stolen and get sand kicked in their face by the next Trandoshan, Devaronian, or Gran that walked by.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

There ya go then, dig out '95 Han, Luke, and Chewie, have Chewie & Luke doing bodybuilder sports while Han relaxes in the hammock. Hmm, actually, '95 C-3PO would likely have the best posture for hammock-dwelling, with his arms up over his head.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    What, play in the sand or drink my rum?
    A little from column A and a whole lot more from column B.

"This chair be high says I!"
    - Blackbeard the Pirate from the Simpson's Treehouse of Horror.

His debauchery be his way of compensatin' fer bein' an illiterate scalawag