Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Friends of Siri: The Star Wars Book Collecting Network

This "club" or "network" (for lack of a better term) is a response to the increasing difficulty for many of us to find and complete our collections of the young readers' series now that they are out of print and commanding ridiculous prices online.

The premise is simple: these books were printed in large numbers until relatively recently. There is no justification for the prices that online retailers are asking for them. (For instance, the final book of the Jedi Apprentice series is listed on amazon.com as high as $85 for a used copy. And yet I walked into a normal bookstore just last night and found it, and a couple of other supposedly rare installments of the series, for cover price.)

These books are out there, and they are worth tracking down and reading. They may take a little bit of work to track down at more reasonable prices.

And that is where this network comes in. A used bookstore in Massachusetts may have the copy of The Rising Force that you need. A Barnes and Noble in Miami may still have the Heirs of the Force you desperately need, just sitting and gathering dust. Without some help, you may never know about them. And at the same time, you may find an extra copy of Kenobi's Blade that a fellow collector in Seattle has been searching for for years.

In other words, all of us are helping each other finish our collections so we can actually read the entire series. Very simple, right? The only requirements of this are:
    1) Post a list of what you currently are looking for (I'll post a list of the stuff that's currently known to be HTF). If you have extras lying around, post those as well. And make sure to update your want list whenever you obtain something, so the rest of us aren't scouring the earth for something you already have.
    2) If you find a book that you know someone's looking for, pick it up for them and tell them.
    3) If you find a copy of one of the books you know to be tough to find at a decent price and can spare the money, pick it up and tell us about it. Someone may need it and hasn't posted here for whatever reason.
    4) Please offer any books you find at a reasonable price or trade value. We're trying to help each other out here, not make a profit.
    5) Have patience and trust your friends here to help you complete your own collection.
    (Of course, if you have your full set and find a book you know that someone might be looking for, by all means feel free to tell us about it as well.)

I recommend looking in the following places:
    Chain Bookstores (Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks, etc)
    Independent Bookstores
    Closeout Bookstores (Foozles, Publishers' Warehouse, Crown Books)
    Used Bookstores
    Antique Stores
    Salvation Army
    Yard Sales
    Flea Markets

Important: Unless you state otherwise when posting your want list, the assumption will be that you want a reading copy. This means the cover may be creased, there may be a stamp from a local used bookstore or a kid's name inside, it could have a price tag on the cover -- just so long as the book is fully intact and readable. If you want only books in a certain condition, make sure you say so!

The Books We're Specializing In

These are the books that I know to be out of print and tough to find. Books that are out of print but still easily available new (f'rinstance, Episode I Journal: Anakin Skywalker) are not on this list. The exception to this will be a handful of Jedi Apprentice titles that can currently be ordered new from amazon.com and/or barnesandnoble.com, which will be in blue.

Books that seem to be exceptionally tough to find for less than double the cover price will be indicated in red.

I realize this is going to be incomplete, so please add as necessary. I know the "freebie" books from the Adventure Club (or whatever it was called) and several earlier books are currently missing.

I'll try to link images of the covers in the near future, but that will take some time.

The Jedi Quest series, the Jedi Quest hardcovers, and the Boba Fett series are currently still available new. However, if anyone learns that they are going out of print, please post that information, and I'll add them to the master list.

JEDI APPRENTICE
    (the early apprenticeship of Obi-Wan Kenobi)

1) The Rising Force by Dave Wolverton
    2) The Dark Rival by Jude Watson
    3) The Hidden Past by Jude Watson
    4) The Mark of the Crown by Jude Watson
    5) The Defenders of the Dead by Jude Watson
    6) The Uncertain Path by Jude Watson
    7) The Captive Temple by Jude Watson
    8) The Day of Reckoning by Jude Watson
    9) The Fight for Truth by Jude Watson
    10) The Shattered Peace by Jude Watson
    11) The Deadly Hunter by Jude Watson
    12) The Evil Experiment by Jude Watson
    13) The Dangerous Rescue by Jude Watson
    14) The Ties That Bind by Jude Watson
    15) The Death of Hope by Jude Watson
    16) The Call to Vengeance by Jude Watson
    17) The Only Witness by Jude Watson
    18) The Threat Within by Jude Watson

JEDI APPRENTICE SPECIAL EDITION
    (two larger books that act as bridges between the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest series)

1) Deceptions by Jude Watson
    2) The Followers by Jude Watson

JUNIOR JEDI KNIGHTS
    (the early apprenticeship of Han & Leia's youngest son, Anakin Solo)

1) The Golden Globe by Nancy Richardson
    2) Lyric's World by Nancy Richardson
    3) Promises by Nancy Richardson
    4) Anakin's Quest by Rebecca Moesta
    5) Vader's Fortress by Rebecca Moesta
    6) Kenobi's Blade by Rebecca Moesta

YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS
    (the apprenticeship of the Solo twins, Jacen and Jaina. . . these weren't actually numbered, but I've numbered them chronologically for purposes of this list)

1) Heirs of the Force by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    2) Shadow Academy by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    3) The Lost Ones by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    4) Lightsabers by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    5) The Darkest Knight by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    6) Jedi Under Siege by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    7) Shards of Alderaan by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    8) Diversity Alliance by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    9) Delusions of Grandeur by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    10) Jedi Bounty by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    11) The Emperor's Plague by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    12) Return to Ord Mantell by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    13) Trouble on Cloud City by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    14) Crisis at Crystal Reef by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta

GALAXY OF FEAR
    (a series of Goosebumps-inspired books set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. . . pretty mediocre overall, but they do feature the death of Dr Evazan in one book)

1) Eaten Alive by John Whitman
    2) City of the Dead by John Whitman
    3) Planet Plague by John Whitman
    4) The Nightmare Machine by John Whitman
    5) Ghost of the Jedi by John Whitman
    6) Army of Terror by John Whitman
    7) The Brain Spiders by John Whitman
    8) The Swarm by John Whitman
    9) Spore by John Whitman
    10) The Doomsday Ship by John Whitman
    11) Clones by John Whitman
    12) The Hunger by John Whitman

OTHER

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul by Jude Watson
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 07-01-2005 at 05:04 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: The Friends of Siri: The Star Wars Book Collecting Network

WooHoo,First member

Actually saw Kenobis Blade today and was about to pick it up.No matter,I have to return a book a bought (wrong one) and I'll check back in about a week and see if they have it.This was at the McDonough GA Books-A-Million thats next to EBGames,just in case anyone who joins in from that area.

Not rare,but I have an extra "Trial of the Jedi" (Jedi Quest) I got cheap at a teacher booksale in case anyone needs that,since I didnt see it in thre store today.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Hello All

Longtime viewer of this web site, 1st time to post. I have the first 5 book of the Young Jedi Knights listed. If any one would be interested in buying them for a reasonable price let me know. $50.00 for all 5 and that includes shipping. I am in the process of reducing my collection of books and other items because of space restricitons. Let me now just email me. Thanks.
    2) Shadow Academy by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
    5) The Darkest Knight by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta

Sincerely
    indyjones_1981

I just happened to stumble upon this site and this thread when I was searching for the rest of the Jedi Apprentice books. I just don't see any logic in the erratic publishing by scholastic but oh well. I have some books that I'd be willing to part with if they will help complete someone else's collection because I know I'd like to complete mine!

I have:
    JUNIOR JEDI KNIGHTS
    2) Lyric's World by Nancy Richardson

YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS
    6) Jedi Under Siege by Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta

I'm looking for these Jedi Apprentice books to finish my collection:

13) The Dangerous Rescue by Jude Watson
    15) The Death of Hope by Jude Watson
    16) The Call to Vengeance by Jude Watson
    18) The Threat Within by Jude Watson

And the Special Edition:
    2) The Followers by Jude Watson

I started reading the series when I was younger and while it seems silly to be reading them as an "adult" I still want to know what happens.

Saw you guys are looking for "The Lost Ones".Visited abebooks.com today and found a copy for the amazing price of....$1.00! Been looking over the net on used/rare online bookstores,first bit of luck I've had

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...L?bi=428932290
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'm now just looking for Jedi Apprentice #18 and the two special editions.Then my quest shall be complete...until I move onto YJK...Mwahahahaha

I found five (1-2 and 4-6) of the twelve Episode I Adventures over the weekend at a used bookstore for $2.50 each. I had #2 (The Bartokk Assassins) already, but picked it up since these particular books are a bit tougher to come by. Anyone who's interested in getting this lovely book for cost + tax + shipping, please let me know. It's in readable condition, but the bookseller wrote the price in pencil on the first page.

Also, here's an update to the list: the complete Episode I Adventures and Star Wars Adventures. Keep in mind that for each of these, a novel and a game book were available. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I could care less about the game books myself.

Episode I Adventures #1: Search for the Lost Jedi
    Episode I Adventures #2: The Bartokk Assassins
    Episode I Adventures #3: The Fury of Darth Maul
    Episode I Adventures #4: Jedi Emergency
    Episode I Adventures #5: The Ghostling Children
    Episode I Adventures #6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
    Episode I Adventures #7: Capture Arawynne
    Episode I Adventures #8: Trouble on Tatooine
    Episode I Adventures #9: Rescue in the Core
    Episode I Adventures #10: Festival of Warriors
    Episode I Adventures #11: Pirates from Beyond the Sea
    Episode I Adventures #12: The Bongo Rally
    Episode I Adventures #13: Danger on Naboo

Star Wars Adventures #1 and Hunt for the Sun Runner
    Star Wars Adventures #2 and The Cavern of Screaming Skulls
    Star Wars Adventures #3 and The Hostage Princess
    Star Wars Adventures #4 and Jango Fett vs. the Razor Eaters
    Star Wars Adventures #5 and The Shape-Shifter Strikes
    Star Wars Adventures #6 and The Warlords of Balmorra
    Star Wars Adventures #7 and The Ghostling Children
    Star Wars Adventures #8 and The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker

(Aside from the ones I picked up over the weekend, I still need 'em all. So if you come across them for a reasonable price, please keep me in mind. I'm pretty much set on the other series now, having found my YJK collection recently and picking up cheap copies of the two I was missing. )

Also, if you're looking for good prices on the Young Jedi Knights series, at amazon.com, be sure to click on "All Editions" for each book. Most of them were available in at least two different paperback editions. Some of these are pricey in one printing, but very cheap in another. Again, if you're just looking for reading copies, this looks like the best way to go.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The first Jedi Apprentice Special Edition can be found for cover price by going directly to the source, scholastic.com, and taking a look at their store.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Got mine a few days ago I've got an extra Special Edition #1 if anyone has Special Edition #2 or JA #18 to trade.

I'll keep an eye out for you Chux. I've seen both series of books before,but didnt know there were so many titles.

I found another box of books while cleaning over the weekend. I have absolutely no recollection of buying it, but I already have Episode I Adventures #3: The Fury of Darth Maul.

So I was able to sit down and read the Jedi story arc. Jedi Apprentice this ain't, but it's not The Glove of Darth Vader, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.