Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaceballs

Spaceballs

I was watching Spaceballs today and I was wondering who here besides Dark Helmet likes Spaceballs? I think that Spaceballs and Robin Hood Men In Tights are classics.

Re: Spaceballs

I think it's pretty much standard that if you love Star Wars, you at least like Spaceballs.
    I love it. Seen it tons of times. It never gets old.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

both of those movies you mentioned are classics. Spaceballs is a great comedy and spoof on SW and other related sci-fi movies. when i heard Mel was going to do another Spaceballs, i was excited, it would have been great to see what material he would use from the PT. but it got cancelled and supposedly he is doing a cartoon.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Spaceballs? A Mel Brooks classic.

"So, Lone Star, now you know that evil will always win, because good is dumb!"

Robin Hood, on the other hand, wasn't as great. But it did introduce Dave Chappelle.

But Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie, and History of the World Part I are all Mel Brooks classics.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

"Whats the matter Colonel Sandurz, Chicken"

Check please!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I LOVE Spaceballs! You can't really go wrong with a Mel Brooks movie.

"Who is he?"
    "He's an Ashole Sir."
    "I KNOW THAT! What's his name?"
    "That is his name Sir Ashole, Major Ashole"
    "And his cousin?"
    ""He's an Ashole too Sir, Gunners Mate First Class Phillip Ashole."
    "How many Asholes do we have on this ship anyway?"
    "YO!"
    "I can't belive it I'm surounded by Asholes! Keep firing Asholes!"

Spaceballs is like a worn out old shoe. Tired and dated. I LOVED it as a kid but it's not holding up for me over time. I watched it a month or two ago for the first time in ages and while it still had some good moments, it's not as good a movie as I thought in my younger days. I guess it doesn't help that Rick Moranis isn't funny anymore.

I saw it when it first came out in theaters, even then I knew it was no Blazing Saddles (one of my favorite movies of all times) but it was funny none the less and the SW stuff was good. The humor in it is a bit too watered down at times, not vanilla but somehow just not top-form. It's still a pretty good time, but it doesn't feel "classic" to me.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights was a massive disappointment IMO, really cheap and flat and just felt out of gas. There were some pieces I liked, but mostly it didn't work for me. Seems like since Mel Brooks did "History of the World: Part 1", his movies have gotten flatter and thinner (there's a lot of this in HotW1 but I think it squeeks by).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Whats the matter with this thing? Whats all this churning and bubbling? You call that a radar screen?"

"No Sir, we call it...Mr. Coffee *beep* care for some?"

I recently bought Spaceballs when the Special Edition came out on DVD. I havnt seen it in years and I STILL love it! Just cracked me up all over again!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett