Memo to Hasbro on an anniversary...

July first, 1997. That's when I started collecting Star Wars toys with a green carded, foil-sticker POTF2 Boba Fett. Which...I lost the gun 3 hours later and had to go back and pick up another the very next day!

So...Hasbro...it's been 8 years, you and I. As a collector at times I feel like I'm a kid at Christmas and at times if you were a cellmate I'd shank you like OZ.

So here's just a little memo, for what it's worth.
    You have me and a lot of other folks in your corner.
    I know some Hasbro employees read this and other fansites...I can remember lists posted by me and others coming true..look at Saga Bespin Luke, perfect example.
    Here's just 3 little tips that may lead to continued HUGE sales of SW toys.

1- Utilize the upcoming DVD release and Christmas holiday season to keep the good stuff coming in amounts we can buy and find.

2- Make the figures from the ORIGINAL KENNER line that need to be remade AND the POTF2 figures that need to be resculpted(Endor Han, Jesus....).

3- Find a way to make the vehicles and EU stuff we clamor for. Cloud Car, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, Quinlan Vos, more Mcquarrie figures, a Lucas in flannel shirt figure(can't let Peter JackKong have all the fun).

You've made me eat my words...."if I can't find this figure, I'll quit" time and again. This year has been a dream come true.
    Keep it up. If I had to rank my Top 20 favorite figures, they'd ALL come from the past 18 months. VOTC, ROTS, the Cantina 3 earlier this year.
    I can't wait to see what comes next.
    Honest to God, thanks for a hobby that saw me through bad times and gave me a lot of fun and fellowship over the past 96 months.
    Here's to the rest of 2005, a already rumored to be HUGE 2006, the anniversary year of 2007, more Cartoon figures, new Cartoon figures, SW live-action TV show figures, and if some are to be believed, Episode 7-9 figures.

Keep it up.

Now where's my Ice Cream maker guy/Bespin Escape figure......? Hmmm

Re: Memo to Hasbro on an anniversary...

ALex is correct here Hasbro. You have come thrugh for us collectors in the past, no reason to stop now. With all out wants/needs we can keep this line goping until 2018 and possibly beyond. My wife asked me the other day, what am I going to do when the toys stop? I honestly dont want to think about it. I have been collecting for 28 years, yes 28 of my 32 years on this planet. It has always been apart of my life and I dont want it to end. Keep up thh good word(I think I deserve an AT-TE for being loyal)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Memo to Hasbro on an anniversary...

28 years is a long time. I agree with them Hasbro, I mean, look at my profile, Im practically giving you a recepie for the perfect Death Star Jedi Luke figure that I know most, if not all, of the collectors as well as kids would buy. Ive been collecting for 12 years now, more than half my life, and I think we at least deserve it for the loyalty.