Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

I hate the entourage in Entourage.

I have a hard time getting into this show on HBO. The "star" Vincent Chase is an alright character and of course Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) is classic and I should mention the show gets some great celebrity guest stars (like Bob Saget who was just on a few minutes ago ) but OH MAN do I ever hate those titular characters of Turtle, Eric, and Drama (aka Matt Dillon's Brother).

I know these aren't supposed to be the most standup characters but I've heard them described as "likeable" and I strongly disagree. HBO has several great shows with morally bankrupt yet VERY likeable characters but to me these guys are just plain annoying. I hate them.

A shame really, because it's a great premise with so many possibilites and a few great pieces in place (like Jeremy Piven) it's just too bad they dropped the ball in casting the entourage on Entourage.

Re: I hate the entourage in Entourage.

Never heard of it, what's the show about?

Its about this dude that went to Hollywood to make it big and his friends came along with him. The show is quite stupid.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I hate the entourage in Entourage.
    Wha?? You don't like Johnny Drama?
    Whether hes making excuses for his acting career cooling off or contemplating getting calf implants this guy kills me.

Ari's comments are the best though, he's such a pompous arse.

I enjoy this show for what it is. While not quite up to par with some of HBO's more intelligent original programming I still find it quite enjoyable.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Its about this dude that went to Hollywood to make it big and his friends came along with him. The show is quite stupid.
    That does not sound all that great, I think thats 'been done' before.

Jim Jam it is based "loosely" on the experience of Mark Wahlberg. I guess you might call the entourage the funky bunch ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Jim Jam it is based "loosely" on the experience of Mark Wahlberg. I guess you might call the entourage the funky bunch ? ? ?
    Ehh not good. Although to his credit I thought Mark Wahlberg was great in 'Band of Brothers.' I don't suppose there is anything in there about that experience?

Personally I think the show is awesome... I think all of the characters are great, I watched all of the episodes last season, and this season is shaping up to be good. Ari is outstanding, and I love Dramas character too. I just wish the show was an hour long...

I believe it was Marks brother, Donnie Wahlberg, that was in Band of Brothers.

If you haven't seen it, at least give it a whirl. The show does get really good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    I believe it was Marks brother, Donnie Wahlberg, that was in Band of Brothers.

If you haven't seen it, at least give it a whirl. The show does get really good reviews.
    My bad you are correct Donnie played Sgt. Lipton in BoB. Maybe I'll check it out since its gotten some decent reviews.

Did you watch it JimJam? If so, what did you think?

If you have Digital Cable, in most areas you can watch all of the seasons episodes on HBO InDemand. Its a great option if you wanted to start from the beginning of the season, or if the time slot on Sunday night is bad for you.

Either way, I hope you give the show a chance... It is pretty good.