Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toys R us Stock

Toys R us Stock

Has anybody else noticed that Toys r us has really skimped on their stock of ROTS figures.? For the last 4 weeks the toys r us by me has had nothing new, and has had very limited stock. When Batman came out they moved it from the front of the store and put it back in the aisle where it was, but have had no new stock. Yesterday I was there and they had four pegs with a few figures and that was it. They had plenty of the vader voice changers, but no figures. I understand that they don't want to hold onto a lot of extra stock only to not be able to sell it, but it just seems more than just that. Walmart and Target have had plenty of figs, and they always make sure the pegs are full. I realize toy r us is having problems financially, but anyone else have problems with them?

Re: Toys R us Stock

The TRU in Saginaw, MI is a giant turd.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

My TRU has condensed their SW sections but are still well-stocked. Unfortunately they are all 1-40, minus the hard-to-find figs like Royal Guards/Tank Gunners. Since Wal-Mart seems to get in the new stuff first, I haven't bought anything at TRU since the week of April 2. Now even Wal-Mart is starting to lag behind. It sucks since those two stores (literally) are my primary toy outlets.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I Do Not Think That It Is Tru That Is Having A Problem. Target Walmart And Tru In Michigan Here Are All About Out Of Everything. I Have Seen Some New Ones Come Through But Must Be Only A Case Or Two. Nothing To Fill The Shelves. Feast Or Famine In The Collecting World. Back To The Same Old In Michigan
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH STORMTROOPERS

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    The TRU in Saginaw, MI is a giant turd.

The TRU's running from 12 mile to Lakeside Mall in the D have nothing as well I really did give up on TRU a long time ago. The last time I found something good there was when the Luke Stormtrooper Green Card wave came out...

The only 2 things TRU has been good for me lately was finding an unleashed stormtrooper, and wave 1 simpsons figures. Everything else has been crap. They don't really restock any of my TRU either. You are not alone!
    "I have you now."

Saginaw is tapped out completley, but TRU is by far the worst (since I don't even count KMart as a Star Wars retailer anymore ). When I walk into Target I just look at the front figs on the pegs. It's been the same ones with the same garbage behind them for weeks now.

Where I live in Mt. Pleasant though is very "feast or famine".
    Last edited by CaptainSolo1138; 07-05-2005 at 03:03 PM.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

See, in my area, its not really a feast or famine ordeal, its really a hit and miss, because when they do have new figures, its only one or maybe two out of the three that are released (and to have two out of three Im havin an amazing day) Other than that, the pegs are bare.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    Saginaw is tapped out completley, but TRU is by far the worst (since I don't even count KMart as a Star Wars retailer anymore ). When I walk into Target I just look at the front figs on the pegs. It's been the same ones with the same garbage behind them for weeks now.
    Whoa...TRU in Saginaw still carries Star Wars figures???

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I think the problem is that TRU still has POTJ warming the pegs as well as VOTC, and Preview as well. ROTS like the previous Prequel movies have been known to leave behind peg warming figures, hell the TRU in Elizabeth Nj still has AOTC Boba's.
    I guess TRU doesn't want to lose money anymore, and fears that some figures are always going to peg warmers and doesn't want to purchase anymore figures or re-stock the new they have until the old vanish.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks