Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Date Codes...

Date Codes...

I Would Like To Know How The Date Codes Work Could Someone Explain It To Me?
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH STORMTROOPERS

Re: Date Codes...

If you mean the stamp on the merchj it represents the day month and year in which the product was finalized.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

So What Does 50821 Mean For Example?

I dont remember how to interpet it, I could be wrong but it would mean august 21 2005
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Yep. That's exactly how it's read KH. The first digit is the last number in the year, the second two are the month, and the last one is the day.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I remember it being differently. One of the digits (first or last) was the last digit of the year, the middle three were the day of the year (082 would be sometime in March), and the leftover digit was the number of the production run. JT probably knows.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Man Can I have heard it both ways and believe you are correct.

That sounds right too. That would make it the Julian Date. And if I'm not mistaken today is 188 day or something close to that.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

KH, I'm afraid you're wrong, especially since that date code has already been on packaging but it's only July... oooh, toys from the future! You were close though, it's:

first number - last digit of year ("5" - 2005)
    second, third, and fourth numbers - day of year ("095" - 95th day)
    fifth number - always a "1, that I know of anyway, dunno, batch or run perhaps?

So in that example, 50951 would be made on the 95th day of '05: April 5th, 2005.

The question of 50821 - 82nd day of '05: March 23rd, 2005.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So It Is Possible To Get Figures With Same Date Code Then. Example Is A Stormtrooper Orange Card And A Rots Clone Trooper Then Right?