Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wave 3 Micro Vehicles sets found!

First off, the wave 3 Micro Vehicles sets were discussed in the thread about the playsets, starting with this post.

Now, as for the sets themselves, I saw all 3 of them today at Target in North Hollywood, CA. The paint work is a little better than the previous waves, but nothing outstanding, and the minifigs are still "ugh" quality. The vehicles aren't bad and I'm not sure if the JSFs are based on the Titanium Series version or not because these seemed sleeker (Obi-Wan's has wings down, Anakin's has wings up, neither are movable). One thing that struck me was how small the ARC-170 was though, it could nearly pass as a Micro Machine.

Anyway, these waves have moved way better than I expected, which should tell Hasbro something about getting more/better product out there. They sport the Micro Machines and Galoob logos on the back, so hopefully this is a turn towards that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Wave 3 Micro Vehicles sets found!

Can't believe nobody has replied to your post JT, isn't anyone excited?

Did you pick them up or pass JT? I'm sure Britcit will be getting these (he gets EVERYTHING ), so maybe we'll see some pictures soon. I'm interested in them, even if they are just Titanium molds in plastic.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

These are the Target exclusives or Titaniums?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I presumed he's talking about the plastic micro-line vehicles. Are they exclusives then? I had no idea.

Yes, they are exclusive to Target
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Any idea if Hasbro will show any new micro sets at SDCC? I can only find 1 photo of micros from the show, so far. And thats just the 3rd wave. GH is saying there will be more micros released but thats it. Anyone here know anything more. I know these aren't as good as Galoob's, but it's all we got. For now.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Found a picture of them guys, on an ebay auction.

I think they look pretty nice, I'm certainly going to try and find some way of getting them, I'm just such a sucker for any mirco ships.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wave 3 Micros.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11735  

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW
    Can't believe nobody has replied to your post JT, isn't anyone excited?

Did you pick them up or pass JT? I'm sure Britcit will be getting these (he gets EVERYTHING ), so maybe we'll see some pictures soon. I'm interested in them, even if they are just Titanium molds in plastic.
    I am pretty broke, and I have half the vehicles already (yellow JSF, AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter) and the other half are either not big enough (ARC-170); come with something I already have and don't want again (BARC Speeder comes with AT-RT); or something I already have but in a different paintjob and with the wings permanently clipped (Obi-Wan's closed-winged JSF). The JSFs do appear to be new designs separate from the Titaniums, but I could be wrong and they're not THAT good - I see I already mentioned that though. Ultimately, the materials they're using on Micro Vehicles hasn't been good enough IMO, the plastic is too translucent and the paints are too thin or sloppy.

Micro Vehicles are the plastic line that's exclusive to Target.

Jangu, I'd suggest checking the SSG coverage, but I have only seen new Titaniums as well, no new Micro Vehicles. There's another thread up about whether or not this line is dead. But you know that since you've already posted there.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, or anyone in the know, how much do these retail for? And I wasn't putting you on the spot ("why didn't you buy them JT, why, why, why?" ), but its nice to hear your thoughts as always.

Toying with the idea of going for a set off ebay, but only if they are a reasonable price.
    Last edited by AndyW; 07-17-2005 at 05:10 PM.

They're uh... $6 or $7, I think. I bought the only Micro Vehicles set I own with a discount.