Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Reselling older models

Quote Originally Posted by Jaster
    I agree that the only person who would get upset about the value of their investment going down becouse of a re-release are people who are in it for just that, investment.
    Not true at all, at least not for me. I own most of the LE's, many I purchased directly from MR. Some I had to purchase from Ebay because I wanted them and that is the only way to get them now, because they are limited.

If you want one of the original offerings, just pay the going rate on Ebay and most can be yours. Griping that MR won't re-release a limited edition item and screw over the original owners who purchased a LIMITED edition item in good faith is just not right. Denigrating the motives of those who want to preserve their purchased limited items as truly limited is just wrong and more than just a little entitled sounding. MRís initial LEís were true limited editions, get over it and find an existing owner willing to sell you one if thatís what you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by dgauci5
    Not true at all, at least not for me. I own most of the LE's, many I purchased directly from MR. Some I had to purchase from Ebay because I wanted them and that is the only way to get them now, because they are limited.

If you want one of the original offerings, just pay the going rate on Ebay and most can be yours. Griping that MR won't re-release a limited edition item and screw over the original owners who purchased a LIMITED edition item in good faith is just not right. Denigrating the motives of those who want to preserve their purchased limited items as truly limited is just wrong and more than just a little entitled sounding. MRís initial LEís were true limited editions, get over it and find an existing owner willing to sell you one if thatís what you really want.
    I totally agree. Keep the LE's special
    [font=Century Gothic][i]Every man dies, not every man really lives[/i][/font]

It'd be interesting if they re-released them with a different edition number and something like "Second Release" on the plaque and paperwork but they should be distinguishable from the first releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mike
    It'd be interesting if they re-released them with a different edition number and something like "Second Release" on the plaque and paperwork but they should be distinguishable from the first releases.
    Since only the plaques or paperwork would denote the difference, it would still be a re-release of a limited edition item. The props themselves would still be identical. If they actually made a distinguishable and obvious mark on the prop themselves to make them stand out as different, that would be okay. It would preserve the uniqueness of the first edition thus keeping them limited.

Turns out the Legistical side of this argument is the winner. Apparently most laws state that if you have a "Limited Edition" of something then you are allowed to have as high of a run as desired but once its "Closed" then you cannot offer a Limited Edition again in a new run because it denotes False Advertising. Interestingly enough if you look at the Luke ROTJ EE and the AT-AT 2 there are significant difference even though the product itself is supposed to be "different". At least that's what someone on another board with a legal background explained. So I'd cancel out any hopes of re-releases. BUT Amy did say that a certain number of APs are created as part of the initial run in order to have in stock for replacements, promotions and gifts from the company. Since we saw at SDCC a giveaway consisting of many "retired" items I'd say there is still a chance through contests and giveaways to grab some of these if MR sees fit...