Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1172

Thread: Reading!

The Science of Hitting by Ted Williams and John Underwood. If you're going to read a book about hitting why not read one by one of the greatest (if not the greatest) hitters in the history of the game. It is at times rather technical but its an interesting read and look into the mind of the Splendid Splinter.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I almost gave up on this one early on, but it picked up speed and held my attention. I'd go as far and say I liked it better than the DaVinci Code. Liked the tight timeframe of the story.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. My original plan was to just reread the short story at the end of the book, but I ended up reading the entire novel again. Think it was for the third time. Noticed little things that I hadn't in previous readings.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I almost gave up on this one early on, but it picked up speed and held my attention. I'd go as far and say I liked it better than the DaVinci Code. Liked the tight timeframe of the story.
    Have you read the illustrated versions of these books? It's really a fun way to read these.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Have you read the illustrated versions of these books? It's really a fun way to read these.
    Do you mean the movies?

As for myself I took down Dead Water by Victoria Houston. Its another murder mystery set in fictional Loon Lake, Wisconsin. Its alright, its not the most intense reading out there but it gets the job done.

I'd heard of the premise of Kate Atkinson's Life After Life, a sort of reincarnation story from a girl born after she dies, every Feb. 11th of 1910. She lives (and dies) through both World Wars, and as far as the mid-1960s, in England and Germany. Sometimes people she knows also die, but other times the same situations occur. It was tough to dig through (took almost a month to finish), and I wanted to just set it aside at times, but there was a point where I realized something could happen (there were some subtle clues), and the author actually did it. That made the dull ending more worthwhile. Overall, it was pretty good.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

With the EU news coming out...trying to get back into the swing of playing catch up by starting the first book in the Black Fleet Crisis.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I haven't. Will check them out.

With the EU news coming out...trying to get back into the swing of playing catch up by starting the first book in the Black Fleet Crisis.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Those books were... I'm not even sure they were remarkable enough to be "bad."

I'm working on A Game of Thrones. I tried reading it once after dismissing the TV show for its awful first episode. Didn't get far. Waited almost a year, and tried watching again, forcing myself to keep going. I still think the first episode is a horrible first episode for any show (I can't see how anyone but hardcore fans got past it, to be honest), but it got better. The OnDemand stuff expired before I could get past four, so I went back to the book and am having a much better time of it. I figure I'll read all five, then go back and watch the show on OnDemand or Go (which I found out has the whole series permanently, but I'd rather not simultaneously read the books and watch the show since there are differences and it might get really confusing).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dead Jitterbug by Victoria Houston. Its another in a series of books that take place is mythical Loon Lake Wisconsin. If you've read my reviews on the other books the same pretty much goes for this one as well.

Dead Boogie by Victoria Houston. Yet another murder mystery/fishing book set in fictional Loon Lake, Wisconsin. My review: if you've read the others then you know how it works.