Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

I've been in heaven the past week. I went home and raided my storage garage and grabbed a ton of books about WWI out. I don't even know where to start, therefore I've been reading a little bit from about 10 different books.

I'm lovin' it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

After seeing that great trailer, I picked up "Flags of Our Fathers."
    Only 50-55 pages in, but so far it's pretty good.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Finished 1984 like two weeks ago- what a crazy good book. Definitly my favorite required reading book, even though I was kinda like huh? at the end. ( I wanted the proles to revolt too!)
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24 View Post
    Finished 1984 like two weeks ago- what a crazy good book. Definitly my favorite required reading book, even though I was kinda like huh? at the end.
    I liked it as well. Think the famous line from Smashing Pumpkins' song "Zero"

"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a
    C AGE!!! "

And I'm sure his "new math" has helped many an elementary school child with simple addition, too (+ 2).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Summer readin'... havin' a blast...

Well, my summer officially ends tomorrow, and since the 2 books I have left to finish add up to 1000 pages, I don't think I'll get to 'em by Monday.

My last two completed books were both SW-related:

- The Journey of Luke Skywalker Stephen Galipeau (it started out kinda weak, with lots of scene-specific terminology being connected to the psychology of the book [frozen, barren, probe, message, swamp, etc.] in cheesy ways, but it improved quite well by the time ROJ was analyzed; it made me appreciate Episode VI more).
    - A Galaxy Not So Far Away edited by Glenn Kenny (Kenny, G.! with several essays by other writers/experts... this was hilarious at times! Anyone who hates the Prequels, or likes them, should read it to get some interesting points of view, and anyone who saw the OT back-in-tha-day will get a nice kick out of the flashbacks).

So, my final summer reading list statistics:
    25 books, about 7100 pages, for about 284 pages per book (where 7 were related to Star Wars, one titled Lando but set in Arizona and Mexico, 3 listed George Lucas as a co-writer, 9 were over 400 pages long, 4 considered humor, and from 20 different authors).

I now have Joyce's Finnegans Wake and Joseph Campbell's Skeleton Key to FW to get through. It'll be a while before that's a final.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I finally finished V for Vendetta yesterday... I'm sorry for those that like it but it didn't really do all that much for me.

I will kick you in the nards. . . . as soon as I finish Making Comics, Scott McCloud's (brand spanking new) third exhaustive graphic novel tome on comics as an art form.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Started the one-volume edition of Bone last night. I can't imagine ever having lived without reading this masterpiece. The one-volume is out of print, but Scholastic is reprinting the entire epic in B&W paperback form. (Not sure how long until the entire series is out, though.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought Bone was B&W from the beginning?

EDIT: The Jeff Smith comic book Bone, right?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!