Page 17 of 118 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1179

Thread: Reading!

  1. #161
    Tempest turned from "eh" to pretty decent. I actually am interested in how the storylines turn out now. And I can vote for what the new Darth name is!
    "That's what Sheev said."

  2. #162
    Secrets of the Samurai: The Martial Arts of Feudal Japan by Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook. Research for a project I'm finally getting underway after a fifteen-year delay. Very dense, a little dry, but quite informative.

    I've not been able to pick up any of the Legacy books to try reading them again. Every time I think of it, I get cold chills and think "Darth Jacen--what a bunch of &^%$ing morons!" Then I want to vomit and burn my entire collection of SW books. I'm not sure I'll ever bother picking them up again. A bit sad that I pre-ordered and received Book II before realizing I didn't care enough to read Book I.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've not been able to pick up any of the Legacy books to try reading them again. Every time I think of it, I get cold chills and think "Darth Jacen--what a bunch of &^%$ing morons!" Then I want to vomit and burn my entire collection of SW books. I'm not sure I'll ever bother picking them up again. A bit sad that I pre-ordered and received Book II before realizing I didn't care enough to read Book I.
    I had been of the same mindset, Chux, but the last 2 books, Bloodlines and Tempest, have been pretty decent, especially since the non-Darth Kid storylines have held my interest well. Appearances by Boba Fett, Aurra Sing (maybe), Tenel Ka (as a strong, non-whiny character for a change), etc. have been nice touches. BUT WHERE THE M@#$% F&%#$@ SNAKES ON A SPACE FREIGHTER IS LANDO, PEOPLE?!? Ahem.
    "That's what Sheev said."

  4. #164
    Read a couple of books in the last month. Read Jude Watson's Legacy of the Jedi/Secrets of the Jedi and Last Jedi #4. The Legacy/Secrets book was very good. The first story dealt with Dooku as a padawan and up to before ROTS. As SW fans, we haven't been offered much into Dooku's background, his early days, etc..., so it was interesting to read.

    Also read Fredrick Forsyth's The Afghan, a modern day thriller. Some of the main characters were first introduced in The Fist of God, set during the first Gulf War. The Afghan was a fast read; Fist of God is a little more detailed, but still enjoyable.

    Just waiting for the new Zahn novel to come out.

  5. #165
    I just started Hawking's A Brief History of Time: 10th Anniversary Edition. I've always wanted to read it, but was afraid it would be way over my head. Surprisingly, it's quite accessible.

    I was impressed that this is the guy who came up with the Big Bang theory, but tells you early on that the Big Bang does not negate the possibility of a higher power. Not the stance I was expecting at all.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #166
    I got done reading Band of Brothers for the first time.

    That was one of the best books I've ever read and it kept me up hours past my bed time more than once.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just started Hawking's A Brief History of Time: 10th Anniversary Edition. I've always wanted to read it, but was afraid it would be way over my head. Surprisingly, it's quite accessible.

    I was impressed that this is the guy who came up with the Big Bang theory, but tells you early on that the Big Bang does not negate the possibility of a higher power. Not the stance I was expecting at all.
    I read ABHoT a few years back, and while I didn't think it would be too dense (it's a "brief" history, remember ), I did find it almost more storybook than textbook at times.

    Slick, BoB was a good one, too. I'm still laboring to find enough time to finish Vineland. We're reading good books here, people! Join us! JOIN US!!! BTW, that was an attempt to yell across cyberspaced-out.
    "That's what Sheev said."

  8. #168
    Band of Brothers has been on my to read list for quite some time (along with a few others).

    I recently got a handful of Michael Chabon books I need to read through.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!


  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I got done reading Band of Brothers for the first time.

    That was one of the best books I've ever read and it kept me up hours past my bed time more than once.
    If you liked BoB then I'd suggest checking out one (or both) of the autobio's on Major Winters both are good and they each go into more detail then BoB does.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    If you liked BoB then I'd suggest checking out one (or both) of the autobio's on Major Winters both are good and they each go into more detail then BoB does.
    Wait a sec, how do you write two autobiographies? Didn't he cover it all in the first one?
    Or was the second a rebuttle of the first, to clear up all the mistakes and lies he wrote about himself in the first one?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO