Page 29 of 116 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Finished book #699, Darth Bane: Rule of Two. Pretty good one. Am four chapters into Mockingbird, the semi-authorized bio of Harper Lee.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Finished Wraith Squadron. I enjoyed it.

Started reading Licensed Renewed, the first James Bond novel written by John Gardner. I read this when it first came out when I was in junior high. It's starting slow, but I'm enjoying it.

Haven't been to the library to see if it has Death Star or Darth Bane #2.

After almost four months to the day, I finally finished Mockingbird: A Portait of Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields. On 10/19/07, I attended a book discussion by the author as part of The Big Read program for To Kill a Mockingbird and bought a copy of his book (softcover :cheapskate: ), which he signed. It's a good biography, done without him speaking to Ms. Lee, all the more impressive. I liked it, so much so that I am considering ACTUALLY WRITING MY OWN DANG BOOK AFTER FIFTEEN YEARS once again. Ahem. Frustrated writer? Yup.

Anyhow, it's also the 700th book I have ever read in my life, since I started keeping track about 5 or 6 years ago. Woo. Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Anyhow, it's also the 700th book I have ever read in my life, since I started keeping track about 5 or 6 years ago. Woo. Hoo.
    Congrats, BCJ! I don't know why, but when I read of your accomplishment, I had a vision of the characters in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 where they had novels and books committed to memory. Instead of one book, you would have all 700 in memory!

Your accomplishment is impressive. Most impressive. I'm lucky if I can read the tag in my shirt.

700. That's quite a list!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It is an accomplishment. Congrats!

About two weeks ago I finished Blood and Whiskey: The Life and Times of Jack Daniel. It was pretty good, but then again I like drinking Jack (along with Gentleman Jack and Single Barrel) and I also work for a company that distributes Jack.

Still reading Moneyball. The only time I ever read is whilst dumping, so these things take a while.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    Still reading Moneyball. The only time I ever read is whilst dumping, so these things take a while.
    Some fiber should speed things up.

Paper's made of fiber, right? Read a page, eat a page. Talk about digesting a book. Seriously; talk about it. But not with food (i.e. book pages) in your mouth. It's rude.

Still on Duma Key, about 230 pages into it, a little different..but still good Stephen King.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!