Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

I just read Dath Bane - The rule of two.

meh.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Just meh, huh?

I checked out Death Star from the library!!!! Going to start it tonight.

The first of the Darth Banes was the better of the two, IMHO, but they're pretty decent. You'll like Death Star, I hope.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The first of the Darth Banes was the better of the two, IMHO, but they're pretty decent. You'll like Death Star, I hope.
    It wasn't bad....it was just meh.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

I finished "I, Jedi" by Stackpole. Which was really two novels in one, I enjoyed the second half much more than the first. Still, I have to say it was the least like for me of everything that he has written that I have read. Then I did a quick read of "Men of Iron" by Howard Pyle (256 pages long) about the middle ages in England. The movie "The Black Shield of Falworth" was based on it. I have to say the movie was better. I decided to start "Wraith of A Mad God" by Raymond E. Feist before "Born Queen" by Gregory Keyes.

What I thought was a biography of Honus Wagner turned out to be technically an autobiography. Honus Wagner, edited by William R. Cobb (I think he is related to that obscure Ty guy ) was a collection of articles from a newspaper after Wagner had retired. His musings on all-time great baseball players, ways to learn the sport, memories of his playing days (amatuer, major and minor leagues, coaching, etc.). Decent book, short chapters, nice guy.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Just finished The Jedi Academy Trilogy, which was a great series, a re-read for me, hadn't read it in a few years, now still going in chronological order onto I, Jedi, which doesn't look long when you pick it up, but it's 577 pages...should be a good read.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Finished Death Star, which IMO, is one of best written SW novels I've ever read. Great character development. You don't come across that much in a SW novel.

Today I finished reading: Brothers In Battle, Best of Friends. Its the story of Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron, who were members of E Company, Second Batallion, 506 P.I.R. 101st Division. aka two members of the 'Band of Brothers.' All in all its not all that different from the other books out there on the Easy company guys, since those two are the focus you hear some interesting stories about them that you don't get elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Today I finished reading: Brothers In Battle, Best of Friends. Its the story of Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron, who were members of E Company, Second Batallion, 506 P.I.R. 101st Division. aka two members of the 'Band of Brothers.' All in all its not all that different from the other books out there on the Easy company guys, since those two are the focus you hear some interesting stories about them that you don't get elsewhere.
    I'll have to look for that one.

I finished Last of the Jedi #10 yesterday. Great end to a great series.

I'm re-reading the novelization of Raiders of the Lost Ark; first read it when ROTLA came out. It's nice to revisit Indy after seeing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.