Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

I couldn't find anything to read the other night so I grabbed Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice #5. I plan to start #6 tonight. I find these books are a nice break from heavier reading material.

Read two heavies, not due to page length (both about 200-300 each), but content.

Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Ultimate Meaning. It was full of psychological jargon and source material; not as "metaphysical" or full of life lessons as I'd figured.

Thomas Leech's Say it Like Shakepeare. Having seen the thread here at SSG on "Fakespeare," I thought this book'd be fun, after seeing it on the shelf at the library. It is for business meeting speaking. You are supposed to use the quotes from Shakespeare's plays and sonnets to sound good. I mean, well.

In looking for some sources for a summer presentation, I checked out a biography on Robert E. Lee (which I may or may not read in its entirety) from Penguin Books. On the receipt, it came out as "Robert E. Lee: a penguin life." Funny, that.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I started the latest Republic Commando pb.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I started the latest Republic Commando pb.
    Did you find Order 66 already?

I finally finished 1421 The Year China Discovered America. I started it years ago and for whatever reason I stopped reading it. I found it quite interesting although not everybody in academia seems to agree with what the author has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Sorry to get you so excited, Bel-Cam, but no. It's the third paperback. Yellowish cover.

I'm enjoying it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    B+N website says it will be available Sept 16.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Finished Misery in about 3 days....really enjoyed it, wanna check out the movie next....onto Firestarter, also by Stephen King.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    Didn't realize this was a hardcover, as well. Might be tough to read these (read: check them out from the library, if my library will even carry them).

BTW, I tried to donate a barely-touched Darth Bane: Rule of Two (I'm a careful reader) to my library because I finally broke down and bought it (coupons and %s off helped) after about two months of not getting their own copy to check out. They apparently put it in the sell-for-a-buck part of the library. If I'd known that (and no, it was gone before I could "buy it back" ), I'd have just kept it. That's why I'm hesitant to do so with Invincible or the CW novel again.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    I can't wait.

I can see where the events in RC: True Colors (hey, I remembered the title for once!!) are setting things up for Order 66.

For some reason, I'm finding True Colors better written or coherent than Triple Zero. I like Traviss as a writer, but I think she tried to cram too many plot lines into Triple Zero and it just didn't work.

True Colors is a nice change of pace. I'd been reading a lot of Jude Watson's young reader books. I find those very enjoyable. Reading the Jedi Apprentice series now. I'm taking a one-day road trip next weekend so I'll be taking one with me.