Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I doubt it, since I saw the movie adaptation a few years ago.

I dont believe there was a movie adaption of this book. But there may have been a cheesy made for tv Sci Fi channel movie that was alot like it. I started reading it in wal mart and it seemed like a good read

I lost all respect for King as an artist after he claimed The Dark Tower would be his last book and tie everything together, then it didn't, then he went back on his word and started churning out crap again. (Is there a Green Mile or Rita Hayworth & The Shawshank Redemption anywhere in his post-DT work? I rest my case.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    I dont believe there was a movie adaption of this book. But there may have been a cheesy made for tv Sci Fi channel movie that was alot like it. I started reading it in wal mart and it seemed like a good read
    That was a joke, hence the attached poster for the Simpsons Movie (where a giant dome was placed over Springfield).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Just finished the book tonight....I don't know if I was let down at the end...I really enjoyed it, just kind of eh at the end I guess.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

A few hours ago I finished A Perfect Mile. Its about Sir Rodger Banniser, Wes Santee and John Landy and the quest to be the first man to break the 4 minute barrier in the mile.

I finished Secret Missions: Breakout Squad the other day. Not bad; it's no Jude Watson YA story, but it got better as it progressed, unlike some that taper off. But the subtitle of book #2, "The Curse of the Black Hole Pirates" just sounds too creepy.
    "That's what Sheev said."

A friend lent me several of the Jedi Quest and Jedi Apprentice books to read. These books are out of print and hard to find. Quick reads but I enjoy them.

Rogue Warrior: Dictator's Ransom. Richard Marcinko is an ex-Navy SEAL who's written fictional accounts of his adventures. They're pretty interesting. Dictator's Ransom has him working for the North Korean leader on trying to locate the NK dictator's missing son.

I started reading Valkyerie, about the July 1944 Hitler assassination. It's written by the last-living conspirator.

A colleague at work (the same one who lent me Don Felder's book) plopped Chuck Negron's Three Dog Nightmare on my desk last night. Another woeful tale of a rocker who had everything implodes. First few pages have been good. After tonight, I'm on vacation, so I've got some reading material right off the bat!
    ˇQue la fuerza te acompańe!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    Reading Death Troopers now, very good so far and it moves fast. Not a childrens Star Wars novel either.
    I finished Death Troopers last night, ehhh maybe its the zombie thing but I didn't think it was all that great. Not bad but not outstanding.

Finished Valkyrie. It was good. I know there are several WWII buffs out there, and I recommend it to them.

My Christmas present to myself was a copy of the Art of CW. Between a coupon and some Borders Rewards points, I got it for a good price.