Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Just finished reading the Astonishing X-Men Omnibus written by Joss Whedon. I was skeptical and had no expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Some of it, I found, was much better than the rest, particularly the beginning. Overall, this is the first run of X-Men I've read since Claremont left the book when I was still a teenager and I lament that there is no more of this story to read after this.

I just finished: Lance: The making of the greatest champion. I've been a cycling fan for quite a few years so there wasn't too much 'new info' in there but it was still a good read. If you're not a fan of Lance and/or think he is a doper then don't bother reading.

currently reading Republic Commando Order 66..... I'm about 1/2 way through it. can't wait to finish and get 501st.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I just finished: Lance: The making of the greatest champion. I've been a cycling fan for quite a few years so there wasn't too much 'new info' in there but it was still a good read. If you're not a fan of Lance and/or think he is a doper then don't bother reading.
    Speaking of Lance....he's competing in the Amgen Tour of California. This Thursday, one of the legs of the race terminates about 2 miles from my house (and actually, the competitors will race less than a mile from my house). Too bad I have to work. I'd like to see it.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Oops! Lance crashed and burned today of the fifth leg of the Amgen. We locals were looking forward to seeing him cross the finish line. Not to be....

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Oops! Lance crashed and burned today of the fifth leg of the Amgen. We locals were looking forward to seeing him cross the finish line. Not to be....
    Did you see any pics of him after the crash? That did not look like it was fun.

The 'roids protected him from serious damage. If the bad karma from the whole Sheryl Crow incident didn't result in the universe forming a giant butt to poop on him until he suffocated, he's pretty much invulnerable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Did you see any pics of him after the crash? That did not look like it was fun.
    No, sir, my son told me about it as I was heading out the door to go to work. I've DVRed the 5th leg and I hope to see it this week end.

Bel-Cam is great!
    He read a book!
    Yay yay for me!

Finished DB's newest, I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood. And my town gets a shoutout (okay, maybe it's more of a whisperout) in it. Funny, but not so LOL as previous books. Still, Mr. Barry is a good observer and humor.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Read Raymond Chandler's "The Little Sister". It was a bit frustrating at times because they made a movie out of it in the late '60s, so tiny pieces were connecting ahead of time despite the movie going off in different directions. This was an interesting tale, some good suspense, but felt a little hollow in the second half and had a finale that was a bit much.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.