Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

A Bridge Too Far, Cornelius Ryan. I first read this book years ago and, after watching the movie again recently, I pulled the book off the shelf. Boy, so much stuff went wrong on this mission that it's not even funny, and a lot of the details didn't make it to the film version.

I started SW Clone Wars: Gambit.

currently 60 pages away from finishing Fate of the Jedi Allies...really loving this series. can't wait for the next book Vortex.

might have to pick up The Clone Wars : Gambit as I need a book to read on the flight to Orlando for CV...
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Passed by the ABC26 mark with two more books for 28 total: SW: Old Republic: Fatal Alliance was decent. Read the second of two (so far) "Chet and Bernie Mystery" books by Spencer Quinn, Thereby Hangs a Tail. This one wasn't as fun as the first, but the crime was better (if that's not inappropriate to say) to follow: clues less obvious, more doubt and suspense, even though the crime itself was horrible. It ends with a few possible storylines for a third book, for both the human (Bernie and his potential relationships) and the dog (Chet and his physical condition). I may have to follow this series now.

I might have time for one or two more before Monday is my last "summer" day. I sure hope so! (would love to reach 30 books for the second time since keeping track)
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Passed by the ABC26 mark with two more books for 28 total: SW: Old Republic: Fatal Alliance was decent.
    Is that the new one that just came out?

In my best Phil-Hartman-as-Ed-McMahon voice: "You are correct, sir."

I thumbed through it at the store recently and am thinking about picking it up. I'm getting the Old Republic comics right now and that time period interests me.

With a day and a half left in summer, I might be able to get another in, but book #29 was Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles. I really thought I'd read this before (which goes along with some of the plot), but then I realized that portions were in the student anthology text from school (and the chapters were from magazines, so it's somewhat serialized). A good story, sometimes hard to follow for brief moments, but again, that's part of the confusion the characters experienced.

finished reading Clone Wars Stealth and currently reading Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead by Steve Perry....this is the first Indy book I've ever read and looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Stealth was good but left too much open at the end....looking forward to seeing how Seige ties everything up.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

A few days ago I finished Tocqueville's Discovery Of America. Alexis de Tocqueville in 1830 spent about 9 months traveling America, after returning to France he wrote the hugely famous "Democracy In America" which as you can probably guess tells of his trip to America. This book tells about Tocqueville's life and times including (of course) his trip through America.

Finished Karen Miller's second CW novel: Gambit Stealth. Not too bad.

Started reading Ryder Windham's second CW-themed novel today.