Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

I did it! Not only read the first 26 all from different lettered-authors, but also reached the 30 book plateau for the summer! You want the numbers; you know you do.

For Summer 2010...
    -Total books read: 30.
    -Total estimated pages read: 8700.
    -Average page length of book: 290.
    Breakdown by genre...
    -Star Wars: 4.
    -SciFi/Fantasy: 4.
    -Western: 1.
    -Education: 1.
    -Humor/Satire: 3.
    -Young Adult: 1.
    -Science: 2
    -Fiction: 5.
    -Sports: 2.
    -Mystery: 3.
    -Help: 2.
    -Travel: 2.

Summer Reading From 2004-2010...
    -Total books read: 190.
    -Total estimated pages read: 51,100.
    -Average page length of book: 269.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Running Anatomy This book emphasises the proper development of the musculature and supporting anatomy to allow runners to use the most efficient techniques over a variety of grades, terrains and speeds, optimise performance both mechanically and aerobically and avoid common injuries. Distributed by Syndetic Solutions, Inc.

Congrat, Bel-Cam! That is quite a feat.

I finished Secret Missions #2 today. Not a bad read. Now I have to figure out when the next one is released.

Thanks, OC! I am about halfway through SM #2. According to Barney's No Bull website, Star Wars The Clone Wars : Secret Missions #3: Duel at Shattered Rock is due out Feb. 17, '11.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Just finished reading The Chris Farley Show.
    A simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking biography.

It's hard to imagine what could have been and what never was...

Farley was originally attached to star in Kingpin (as Randy Quaid's character), The Cable Guy (as Jim Carrey's character in a FAR different version of the film) and Shrek (as Shrek - he even did the first round of recordings before he died).

Farley also wanted to do some more serious work and star in a biopic of "Fatty" Arbuckle (David Mamet even completed the script).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I knew about the Shrek thing, but the others are pretty interesting. I have to assume I would not like the bio, though, since I am the anti-Rocketboy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And what about all the roles that Kevin James is now getting that I figure would have gone to Chris.

The Shrek thing is interesting, did that project get delayed a bunch of times or something because that seems to be an awfully long time between his involvement and the eventual release?

Finished the 2nd Secret Missions book. It had some funny parts (Cad Bane watching a DVD with special features), some SW lines (Han's Falcon complaints), and a suprise near the end. I was sure that one of the characters was that stand-in actor for Jabba in Docking Bay 94 from SW, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    And what about all the roles that Kevin James is now getting that I figure would have gone to Chris.
    That is exactly what I thought when I saw Grown Ups. It would have been so much better with Farley.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    The Shrek thing is interesting, did that project get delayed a bunch of times or something because that seems to be an awfully long time between his involvement and the eventual release?
    I'm not sure how long it was delayed, but back then a CGI movie took a lot longer to make. And IIRC, voice recording is usually done well in advance of the animation. I know the character was reworked when Mike Myers came aboard so that may have delayed it somewhat.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    That is exactly what I thought when I saw Grown Ups. It would have been so much better with Farley.
    It dawned on me when I watched a special about Grown Ups and the guys were saying how long they have been friends, most from the SNL days if not longer. KJ on the other hand is VERY new to the group.
    I'm not sure how long it was delayed, but back then a CGI movie took a lot longer to make. And IIRC, voice recording is usually done well in advance of the animation. I know the character was reworked when Mike Myers came aboard so that may have delayed it somewhat.
    I fired up the google machine and read a bit about Farley and his work on Shrek. It was pretty interesting and well worth the time to read. The story in that version of Shrek was quite different from what we ended up seeing.