Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best covers?

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)

Post Best covers?

One of the more underrated aspects of literature are the book covers, especially for the sci-fi and fantasy genre. What are the best SW covers, in your humble opinions? Feel free to break it into categories, as I will attempt to do.

COMIC
    Star Wars #81 (Marvel). I've always been a sucker for painted covers, and montage covers are either really good or really jumbled and bad. This one's the former.

NOVEL
    Courtship of Princess Leia (hardcover version). Again, another semi-montage cover, it captures the SW fun and adventure of the films.

Others?
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Lubing up the probe - it's business time.

Re: Best covers?

I really like the cover of my Phantom Menace novellization - the one with Darth Maul's visage taking up the entire front cover. Very striking. As far as comics go, I'd have to root through my vintage Marvel SW to see which one suits me. I know there are some pretty good ones featuring Vader's image, but the numbers elude me.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I really dig the painted cover of SW Tales #1. I've often thought about framing one and hanging it up. I just like the image of Vader done in all red like that . I think it's done by Igor Kordy (sp?).

I also really liked those early Tales of The Jedi covers by Dave Dorman. Those were great!

I'm a sucker for the cover of "Shadows of the Empire". It pretty much tells the story without having to open the book up. Plus I personally think it's the best EU novel out there.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Like Reefer Shark, I pretty much like all of Dave Dorman's covers, esp the ones for Dark Empire. The colors were amazing, with good likeness' (unlike the interior 'art').

Non SW - The covers to Marvels and Kingdom Come. Off topic, I know, but excellent covers none-the-less.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Even though the book was not my favorite, I'm going to have to say that Children of the Jedi has the nicest cover. I really love the ethereal Callista right above Luke, and the coloring is really dead-on.
    As for the Star Wars comics, I really don't know enough about them to judge, although Dark Empire seems to have some nice cover work.
    "Evil, meet sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!" - Minsc, Baldur's Gate II

Hard for me to pick... A couple that I really do like are: Before the Storm, Destinys Way, and The New Rebellion. Theres way to many comics I like but some I do are: Crimson Empire, and the Freedon Nadd Uprising (#2).
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

My favourite covers, hands down are the five covers from the original Marvel series based from 1977.

I love the comic book-y approach they took with the covers, presenting images of things that were never said or happened.

"Swing that Lightsabre Ben, or we're finished!"

Brilliant stuff!
    Last edited by billfremore; 08-09-2004 at 04:38 PM.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)

Question Re: Best covers?

Quote Originally Posted by billfremore
    My favourite covers, hands down are the five covers from the original Marvel series based from 1977.

I love the comic book-y approach they took with the covers, presenting images of things that were never said or happened.

"Swing that Lightsabre Ben, or we're finished!"

Brilliant stuff!
    Yes, but what do you have against issue #6, which finished up the film? It showed us that Luke and Vader would battle with lightsabres (love that) over the damsel-in-distress Princess Leia.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Yes, but what do you have against issue #6, which finished up the film? It showed us that Luke and Vader would battle with lightsabres (love that) over the damsel-in-distress Princess Leia.
    I have nothing against the Marvel series, I think it was a whole lotta fun.

Hmm, perhaps that's something I should add to my list of things to get...
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!