Question The "other" SW canonical fiction Thread

I say that what we once considered Star Wars fiction, the Expanded Universe, remain in discussion in that thread. This one shall have the Disney-bought stories from now on. I'll see just how much I post here. I wonder how many of the "old" authors will be asked to contribute, if any.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Not sure about the title, but the idea is good. Maybe I should just convert my SW: A New Dawn thread into the canonical fiction thread.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, we've done specific books in separate threads before; with that as apparently the "first," it could still stand alone. Unless, like cheese, it stinks!

And the title can be like your advanced copy version: a work in progress. I'm just frustrated with what I've heard so far, that the snarkiness came out of my fingers onto the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, we've done specific books in separate threads before; with that as apparently the "first," it could still stand alone. Unless, like cheese, it stinks!

And the title can be like your advanced copy version: a work in progress. I'm just frustrated with what I've heard so far, that the snarkiness came out of my fingers onto the keyboard.
    Gotcha. Ok, we'll keep these separate.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am about a 1/3 through Tarkin by James Luceno. Good news for EU survivalists: much of the detail and places are from EU-era stories. Bad news: quite a bit of SW: Clone Wars cartoon stuff.

Finished Luceno's Tarkin today, and it is the best SW fiction book in the current format.

Because I submit the following list (LISTS... :drool: )

TOP 10 STAR WARS POST-E.U. FICTION BOOKS:
    10. ?
    9. ?
    8. ?
    7. ?
    6. ?
    5. A New Dawn
    4. ?
    3. ?
    2. ?
    1. Tarkin

I'll wait to post specific spoilers/details until others have had time to finish it as well. But in general, you learn about the family and early career of Wilhuff, and get insights into why he is both feared and respected by allies (and maybe even foes). Vader and the Emperor are featured prominently, which is great. And a certain thing that's no moon gets alluded to quite a bit.

That's no moon. It's a space station.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

While it's not fiction, the following book mentions the end of EU: Chris Taylor's How SW Conquered the Universe. I was apprehensive at first, figuring this was ANOTHER let-me-tell-you-everything-about-Star-Wars book, of which I felt I'd read all that before. There was quite a bit of detail I hadn't heard before, or some areas that had a different take on them. It was very current: mentioning characters in SW: Rebels, some of the on-location E7 photos. Few photos (B&W, in the middle) but extensive quoting. Interesting takes on the Prequels and fan activities, nice stroll through memory lane. Pretty good, and worth checking out (I'll wait to buy it in paperback... might include more E7 details).