Page 19 of 117 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The library had SW: Allegiance, so I picked it up and am currently reading it. Needed a break from the Forsyth novel.

I'm enjoying it so far.
    I can almost repeat that verbatum...

Quote Originally Posted by Me, Myself, and I (sung in De La Soul voice)
    The library had SW: Allegiance, so I picked it up and am currently reading it. Needed a break from the Pynchon novel.

I'm enjoying it so far.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Just got a bunch of comics from my store back in Athens.

Ultimate spider-Man- they handled the Clone Saga MUCH better than the original debacle. Yikes, that was horrific.

Walking Dead- I love this book, no question about it.

Astonishing X-Men- i'm up to about, issue, 18 or so, and frankly, i'm gettin' confused and bored. If it doesn't pick up soon, i'm dropping it.

Ult. X-Men- Battle with Cable was pretty intense and we'll have to wait and see if _____________ is really dead or not. I doubt it.

Still gotta read the Planet Hulk issues!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Besides my regular comics, i just finished up the Smallville novel "Shadows". After a trip to the local bookstore today I got the next installment called "Sparks", and a Superman and JLA novel.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I recently finished The Tao of War along with a book on wine and also a reread of The Art of War (a strange mix I know).

I've not read them yet, but I recently picked them up, along with Military Methods of the Art of War.

B&N exclusive bargain books perchance, JJB2?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    B&N exclusive bargain books perchance, JJB2?
    Not exactly, Tao of War was on a bargin table by the checkout so I figured what the heck but the Art of War was a regular priced purchase. I picked up Tao of War when I picked up a super huge mack daddy U.S. Army Atlas of the ETO in World War II. This thing is awesome and at $9.95 I think its a steal! If I ever see a similar atlas for the PTO I'll pick it up as well.

I'll also let it be known that I picked up an Art of War quote a day type calender for 2007.... yeah I like military history.

Picked up Allegiance and Darth Bane last night....used two 30% off coupons so got each one for around 18 bucks.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Ugh. Let me repeat that, in a larger font, in bold, adding an appropriate smiley. Ugh.

I just finished Vineland, by Thomas Pynch............. Sorry, I must've fallen asleep again. I may need to dig up the older thread here about books read that I didn't like, 'cause this'n has gots to be there. Ugh. Dull, uninteresting, purposely dense and multi-layered, with weak social commentary. Terrible.

Am starting a "prequel" to Romeo and Juliet, by a young adult author. So far, not bad. BTW, The Art of War is somewhere on my list to get to, as well.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I picked Art of War up at a used bookstore several years ago, and was surprised by how short it was. It was a thin paperback, and most was intro and afterward about Mao Zedong (or Tse-Tung, as he still spelled his name then). I think the actual Art of War was like 20 pages long.

I recently realized that, though it tries to pass itself off as complete, this was far from the complete work, and picked it up along with The Tao of War and Military Methods of the Art of War at a B&N sale a few weeks ago. Still looking for The Japanese Art of War to round out the collection, but I'm not in a major hurry.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Still looking for The Japanese Art of War to round out the collection, but I'm not in a major hurry.
    Don't forget Napolean's Art of War as well, its quite short with something like 65 maxim's. There is also Frederick The Great On The Art Of War and Clausewitz On War (yeah I have all of those in my tactics collection). I also would like to pick The Art Of War up by Niccolo Machiavelli which deals with the Middle Ages.