Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

I, Louie the Lilac, greatest archfoe of Gotham City, am spending the time reading The Color Purple while I wait to either receive my purple armada from the denizens of SSG, or to feed El Chuxter to the violet venus flytrap and crush your site beneath a giant grape!

It's my 42nd time reading it. It just gets more purple every time!

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-HA!!

THIS I COMMAND!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've been working on The Illiad off and on for months now, in college I read a shortened version but this is the whole shabangabang I'm working on now. One of these days I'm going to finish that sucker. After that I'd like to read more works from Greece/Roman times.

Picked up "Marvel Zombies Vs. the Army of Darkness" #1 today. Decent start although I wasn't sure what the sequences of Ash going "into the light" and then somehow seeing Hawkeye as a zombie meant. Maybe he was dying, but sent back by Angels to fight off the zombies?!?! I hope they clear this up. But very good issue, not great, but very good start.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I went to my favorite comic book shop on Friday looking for the Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness book but the guy said it was sold out. I tend to learn about this stuff a little too late, is there any website where i can see whats due up a week or so before it hits?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/...=2&m=1&c=3&s=7

You can see the current week and next week's listings.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Finished Dating Hamlet: Ophelia's Story by Lisa Fiedler. She's written two young adult Shakespeare What If-? type stories that I've read (plus Romeo's Ex: Rosaline's Story). They have good premises, but tend to fall flat by the end; this one was no different. Less characters die in it.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/...=2&m=1&c=3&s=7

You can see the current week and next week's listings.
    Sweet. Thats what i need. Now i wont go into the comic book store wondering whats new and if i missed something cool. Thanks.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Finished Freakonomics by Two Guys Named Steven/Stephen. It had it moments, but mainly it was a lot of hot air blown through an Econ 202 beaker. Now am starting Exile, the next Legacy of the Farce (er, Force) SW novel.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Preacher Vol 1-9: Texan preacher Jesse Custer is endowed with the Word of God, giving him the power to compel others to action simply by verbal command. Partnered with his ex-girlfriend turned would-be hitwoman and a 100-year old self-absorbed Irish vampire, Custer takes on a global religious organization, faces off against an immortal Old West gunslinger, and fights injustice along the way while searching for God, who has left heaven to go into hiding among humanity. I thought this was a pretty good series. The good thing is Preacher doesn't rely on his superpower, often resorting to plain-old ***-kicking to get the job done.

DC Showcase Presents: The House of Mystery - 500+ page collection of DC's horror anthology series. Issues were originally published in the late 60s to early 70s, but aside from some of the 60's slang and psychadelic artwork, it's not too dated. Also features some great cartoons by Sergio Aragones, best known for his "drawn-out-dramas" in the margins of Mad Magazine.

Batman: The Ring, the Arrow, and the Bat - Collection of mediocre Green Arrow cross-overs featuring guest-spots by the Green Lantern and the Dark Knight.

Also zipped through Timothy Zahn's Allegiance. Fairly enjoyable read.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Reading the Hagakure. Luckily it's an abridged version. It's rather silly. It's the document most responsible for the West's perception of bushido, but it was written after the samurai class had been stagnant for two centuries, and by a guy who had plenty of time to think of this stuff while sitting on his butt in a monastery for 40 years.

Yeah, it's a bit inaccurate when compared to the historical record, but sorta interesting nonetheless.
    Tommy, close your eyes.