Now up to 9 read, 2300 pages or so.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Think Ghost meets The Sixth Sense meets Silence of the Lambs. This started out weird, creepy, and stale, but it quickly picked up, ends sort of the way one might expect, but has multiple messages. A good read, even if it's an Oprah's Book Club selection. :chickbook: (not really a "chick" book, j/k ).

Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl. I read a reference to this account and had never gotten around to reading it. I always enjoy travel/journey books, and this was no exception. Just wish the map in this edition was larger.

The Short Reign of Pippin IV by John Steinbeck. I hadn't read a Steinbeck story in a couple years, and this short satire was a good read, too. Funny at times, usually less-than-subtle in its messages, it reminded me of a play a colleague of mine recently wrote and performed.

I have used Don Quixote as a get-out-of-jury-duty book the last 4 years or so, but the edition I usually check out from the library was already checked out! Because of that, I only got my service delayed a month or so. :superstition: