Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    .....now onto Children of the Jedi!
    And to quote Obi-Wan: "I am so sorry..."
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Read A Fine Night for Dying by Jack Higgins. It was a good, fast read.

Now I'm reading Goldfinger!

After finishing the SW Outcast novel, I started a book I bought A) because it was a Buy-One-Get-Another-At-50% purchase, and B) the title jumped out at me. It's taken almost half the 300+ pages to get somewhat interesting, but the critics' comments on the cover are in NO WAY NEAR the way I'd describe the story or style. Will post more when I'm done (no telling when that will be... ).

Finished Goldfinger and moved on to Day of the Jackal.

I can't remember if I've read Goldfinger before or not. (I read most of the Fleming Bond novels in junior high.) The movie's basic principle is still the same (robbing Fort Knox) but the process and some of the characters involved are different, expanded on and shortened.

I was on watch at the female barracks today (giggity, giggity, goo...) and these two girls started to talk with me because I was reading a book (Hitler's War) and they actually didn't start off with the typical, uneducated response of "are you a Nazi?". So long story short this girl gave me a book called "Change of Heart" to read. I'll give it a shot I suppose.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 04-12-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content, unrelated to reading.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

While I cannot place it on my All-Time Top (Bottom?) 10 Worst Books I've Read list (LISTS... ), the book I most recently finished, An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke, was terrible. I was sucked in by its title and the multiple reviews and critics' comments on the cover saying how funny and hilarious is it. I smiled several times, but I can't refer to it as "funny" at all. There are few books that I say that I was worse off by reading them, and this is one. It was well-written, and I virtually never leave a book unread even if I dislike it, but I found little to enjoy, content-wise.

You know a book's bad, when the best part is the "interview" between the author and his protagonist at the back. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I was on watch at the female barracks today (giggity, giggity, goo...) and these two girls started to talk with me because I was reading a book (Hitler's War) and they actually didn't start off with the typical, uneducated response of "are you a Nazi?". So long story short this girl gave me a book called "Change of Heart" to read. I'll give it a shot I suppose.
    what "SLICK" are u a nazi LOL
    "Activate Order 66...WITH A SIDE OF NACHOS PLEASE!" -Emperor Palpatine

AT work, been reading Capillary Eelectrophoresis Methods & Protocols from the "popular" series Methods in Molecular Biology. Real page turner.

Home, Reading "The Last Command" by Timothy Zahn.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Just started reading Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Halfway done with Children of the Jedi and is the author GOD AWFUL.....it is so hard to get through this book.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!