Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by HanSololol View Post
    what "SLICK" are u a nazi LOL
    LOL!! You're not funny and never have been. Go kill yourself...or better yet, have that hairy spider on you neck do it for you...

Change of Heart was rather good. Nothing I would've picked up on my own but glad that I've read it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I finished reading The Man With The Iron Heart by Harry Turtledove. Its a alt. history story about what if the Nazi's would have started a guerrilla war at the end of WWII. Its an interesting read, although I've read a number of Turtledove novels before it does play out in a somewhat predictable fashion. None the less I'm glad I read it.

Still need to get through *ugh* Children of the Jedi.....but in the meantime I'm re-reading Angels and Demons, the illustrated version to get myself ready for the movie coming out.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I read The Bro Code by Barney Stinson yesterday at a local Barnes and Noble. It only took about an hour (I had time to kill). Its a nice fun little read, I'd never pay the $15ish dollars for it.

I picked up Jedi Trials at the library the other day and am almost done with it. It's a fast read and it's holding my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    I picked up Jedi Trials at the library the other day and am almost done with it.
    If you meant Jedi Trial, as I quoted Obi-Wan before, "I am so sorry."
    "That's what Sheev said."

It was Jedi Trial, and, compared to other SW books I've read, I didn't think it was too bad.

I just finished the latest of the 9 Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. They're really entertaining. If you've seen True Blood on HBO, they are the books the series is based upon.

I finished Finding Eichman last night. Its about the search, capture, transport and trial of Adolph Eichman who was involved in the Holocaust during WW II.

Summer's on! Two are done, with hopefully many more to follow. First was the Clone Wars: No Prisoners, already reviewed in that thread. Just finished E.R. Burroughs' The Gods of Mars, a John Carter of Mars Martian Tales of... book. Not bad; it's in that turn-of-the-century sci-fi style of narrating, where every detail is mentioned minutely and the characters "monologue" a lot, as The Incredibles put it. Lots of SW influence, clearly, and a surprisingly sad ending (the title of chapter 22 was "Victory and Defeat," so I guess it shouldn't have been too shocking to end negatively).

Am partway through Golda Meir's My Life.
    "That's what Sheev said."