Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

School sin session, is right. Atticus Finch: "Shoot all the disresectful people you want, but it's a sin to kill reading time."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Read SW: CW: Secret Missions #1. It wasn't too bad. Fast-paced. I like the set up for future books.

Just picked up Bill Simmons new book and am really enjoying it so far about 50 pages in.

Has anyone read Death Troopers yet? This looks really fun being a horror Star Wars novel.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Reading Death Troopers now, very good so far and it moves fast. Not a childrens Star Wars novel either.

Would have to wait until Nov. 10, as the only library copy's been checked out. But I shan't have any reading time until Nov. anyway, so it's a moot point.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    Reading Death Troopers now, very good so far and it moves fast. Not a childrens Star Wars novel either.
    Is it worth picking up in hardback? I generally don't buy SW novels in hardback format unless I can get a good deal. But Death Troopers really intrigues me.

I see the new Karen Traviss 501st book is out. Anyone reading it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Has anyone read Death Troopers yet? This looks really fun being a horror Star Wars novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    Is it worth picking up in hardback? I generally don't buy SW novels in hardback format unless I can get a good deal. But Death Troopers really intrigues me.

I finished it today (great having a day off). The first 100 pages or so were among the best SW EU ever. I stopped to take a break, then picked up where I left off, and it fell into the recently typical EU. Why? Check out the semi SPOILERS BELOW. And why was there a "sneak peak" of a book (Outcast) that's been out for about a year? But I need to get the 501st novel, too.

Vader getting mentioned was the right way: just as stories or hearsay. Including "two rouge smugglers" was too much for me. I think the story coudl've held just as well without those OT characters. I liked the ending though; very Cast Away-esque to deliver a note.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Bought it Sunday afternoon and finished it Tuesday night. Great read and a great follow up to Order 66. She'll have to keep writing about these characters.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The transition from the GAR to Galactic Imperial forces was really interesting.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]There were also some surprising character developments as well. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It'd be REALLY cool if/when the Star Wars live action series ever comes around, they'd feature Kal Skirata and his Mando "family" in an episode or 2.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If you like the series so far, it's $7.99 and well worth it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Stephen King's Under the Dome shipped to me release day on Tuesday, and I just surpassed the 400 page mark, only another 700 to go! Really enjoying this though so far. Anyone else gonna give this a read?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Stephen King's Under the Dome shipped to me release day on Tuesday, and I just surpassed the 400 page mark, only another 700 to go! Really enjoying this though so far. Anyone else gonna give this a read?
    I doubt it, since I saw the movie adaptation a few years ago.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movie_simpsons.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	21925  
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!