Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Carp you better like it then!
    I'm about half way through Compton's book. And yes, not only do I like it, I really like it!

Good call, JJB!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Good call, JJB!
    Thanks TE7! Its pretty amazing what he all did after leaving the service.

I finished Compton's book tonight. WOW!
    Held my interested for many reasons:

--I'm interested in WWII history.
    --Interested to hear his side of Band of Brothers.
    --LOVE his views on what America should be.
    --As JJB says: "amazing what all he did after he left the service". Amen to that!
    I was especially interested in his law enforcement career (for obvious reasons)
    --the Sirhan Sirhan case was especially fascinating to see from an insider's view.
    --....and he reminded me of my dad!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Compton could have written a book about:
    -Time in the service
    -Time as a cop
    -Time as a lawyer
    -Time as a judge

And he was all of those things, pretty crazy!

FINALLY finished Planet of Twilight.....hopefully I will never see the name Barbara Hambly again.....she almost turned me off from Star Wars for good.

Onto The Crystal Star.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

DQ, why are you doing that to yourself? You have so much to live for!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Finished The Lovely Bones - great, sad book. Too bad word is the movie sucks.

Started Up In The Air.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

currently reading Death Troopers. just started so I'm only about 7 chapters in. interested to see how this plays out.

has anyone joined that Star Wars Galaxies offer in the back of the book for the continuing storyline. was curious if it was worth signing up for ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    has anyone joined that Star Wars Galaxies offer in the back of the book for the continuing storyline. was curious if it was worth signing up for ?
    Since I checked the book out from the library, I guess I missed that. So, nope. No joining for Bel-Cam.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I have to say. I'm really enjoying Death Troopers. the book is really good. I'm about 100 pages away from finishing it and looking forward to finding ouot how it ends. might get the subscription for the Star Wars Galaxies series and see how the entire story-arc plays out
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks