Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    ... might get the subscription for the Star Wars Galaxies series and see how the entire story-arc plays out
    How many are there in that series?

Since I got my ipod touch for xmas, I have been using it occasionally as an e-reader. I've read a couple Dashiell Hammett stories and have a slew more of that and Raymond Chandler books saved in there so far. It turns out my lack of reading is just that I hate dealing with the physical books, they're relatively heavy and I don't like dealing with the spine having to be a choice - I like flat books, but hate breaking the book's spine. Right now, it's just hard-boiled detective tales for the most part, although "Afraid of a Gun" involved no detectives. But "Bodies Piled Up", that short story would make a cool movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally read an entire book. I have had less time to read lately, so it's been a stretched-out process.

I wasn't aware that the Darth Bane books were a trilogy (says so in the third book's acknowledgements page), but I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised. These have all been good reads, and Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil kept me guessing and reading on. Ending is either expected or surprising, depending on how you focused on plotlines and details; that's the mark of a good novel. Good job, Drew K.!

Anyone know of any online auctions for more time?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Read Raymond Chandler's "The High Window", good book with a slightly unsatisfying wrap-up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finished Hitler's War by Harry Turtledove this morning. The long and short of it is what would have happened if Nevil Chamberlin wouldn't have given into Hitler's demands, thus World War II would have started a couple of years earlier. The war wasn't finished when the book was so I presume this will be a new series.

Finally finished the first Coruscant Nights book. It wasn't bad, but just disjointed. The author had written several SW books before, and it was like he pulled his favorite characters from the past and drop them in one story.

I picked up Deathtroopers for a great price last night. Might have to read that next.

I felt that 1st Coruscant Nights book was a little slow to read as well, but the next 2 in the series were better.

I still need to pick up Deathtroopers and the latest Darth Bane book.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This morning I finished Duel In The Sun, its about Alberto Salazar, Dick Beardsby and the 1982 Boston Marathon which has been called the best marathon ever run. Its a quick read and nothing all that special.

Yet another running book for me, this time it was Sub 4:00, it follows Allen Webb and the University of Michigan track team for a season back in 2001. Allen was the first high school boy to break the 4 minute mile in 36 years, infact he broke the national mile record which was 38 years old.

Last night I finished book two of The Journal's of Lewis and Clark. They are the Nicholas Biddle edition from 1904. I've been reading them off and on for several years. While the Journals have great info they can be quite boring at times. Lots of woke up, traveled in this direction etc with nothing all that "special" happening. Plus at times Clark would copy what Lewis said and vice versa so you can read the same dry report twice for the same day. That being said the Journal's are an absolute AWESOME source of info on one of the most badash trips made. One of these years I'll read the entire Journal.