Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

just finished reading the second book of the Han Solo trilogies Hutt Gambit... just started the third book Rebel Dawn. so far i like the series.... would really love to see them do series of other characters like Luke or Leia... i read the Lando adventures and it was alright.

picked up the last 2 books of the Mandolorian Armor series, Slave Ship and Hard Merchandise as well as Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor i believe....still have 3 of the Republic Commando books to read not counting Order 66 as well as the Millennium Falcon book..... have quite a bit of reading to keep me going for a few months.

looking forward to the continuing Legacy of the Force series as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Last night I finished Pre: The Story of America's Greatest Running Legend, Steve Prefontaine. It was a quick read, in brief Prefontaine was from Oregon and the best US runner in the 70's before he died in a car accident in 1975. To this day the next great American runner is compared to Pre.

Actually read an entire novel, taking about 2-3 weeks to do so. But hey, a read's a read, I guess. Paul S. Kemp's Crosscurrent, a stand-alone SW book. It had some moments, both wretched and decent, but overall I have no desire to read a continuation of this story (if in fact it goes beyond the final page). But what's the deal with Outcast STILL having a "sneak preview" at the back of a SW book; it's been published for about (more than?) a year now?!?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Death Troopers. It's been a very long time since I had a hard time putting a book, SW or otherwise, down. But Death Troopers was it for me. Great book. Enjoyed the writer.

I finished (another) running book last night. Running With The Buffalo's. It follows the University of Colorado cross country team during the 1998 season. If you don't run, well then don't bother reading it because you probably won't like it.

Is (huff) it written (puff) as if (huff) you're (puff) on a (huff) run (puff) with them? (huff) Is there any significance to the '98 team (did they win a title, overcome adversity, have a special athlete, etc.)?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Been reading more detective fiction, mostly Dashiell Hammett. Lots of short stories.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Been reading more detective fiction, mostly Dashiell Hammett. Lots of short stories.
    The Continental Op is king.

Hell's yeah!!! Some of the stuff the Op does in these tales is more exciting than anything Hollywood has ever done, he drove a dead man's car off a cliff onto the villain in the story I read last night, then framed the guy for the only murder he didn't have a hand in!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've always questioned why Sam Spade was made more popular than the Op. Sure Bogart attained iconic status playing him, but the Op was way more entertaining and influential. Cinema from Japan to Italy to Hollywood has stolen from Hammett's man, not to mention the other hardboiled writers that followed.