Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Not Floyd [Meriwether] and Lennox Lewis?
    NO! Talk about a huge disappointment.

I took down another one: Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon. If you can't figure out what this one is about then re read the title and sub title, there is a bit of a hint there. :smartash:

I banged out another quick one over the last 24ish hours. Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary. Plain and simple if you don't like his comedy you won't like his book. I do so therefore I did.

This seems to have become my personal thread as of late, well I finished another book a day or so ago. The Eagle Has Landed by Jack Higgins. Its supposed to be based 50% on actual events. The senerio is Churchill is going to an secluded area of England to spend the weekend during the war. The Nazi's find out about this and a group of German paratroopers in to kill/capture the P.M. Needless to say of course it didn't work.

Because Churchill was a ninja, right?

I knew it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Because Churchill was a ninja, right?

I knew it.
    The film "Beverly Hills Ninja" was based on those events.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    This seems to have become my personal thread as of late, well I finished another book a day or so ago. The Eagle Has Landed by Jack Higgins. Its supposed to be based 50% on actual events. The senerio is Churchill is going to an secluded area of England to spend the weekend during the war. The Nazi's find out about this and a group of German paratroopers in to kill/capture the P.M. Needless to say of course it didn't work.
    One of my faves. I've read it at least three times. A lot of little subplots don't make it to the movie version. You need to give the sequel, the Eagle Has Flown, a try, JJB.

I finished Millinuem Falcon yesterday. It was an okay book.

Also read an interesting thriller called Zero Hour, about a terrorist called the Prince of Darkness hired to cripple the U.S.'s banking sector. The book was written in the mid-1990s but still pretty good.

Since I can't seem to get into the Black Fleet Crisis right now....I started a book called Broken Harts. It's a book written by Owen Hart's wife after he died
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    One of my faves. I've read it at least three times. A lot of little subplots don't make it to the movie version. You need to give the sequel, the Eagle Has Flown, a try, JJB.
    I'm way ahead of you OC, I am reading The Eagle Has Flown and I should finish it in the next day or so.

I started "The Long Goodbye", and it's easily the hardest story of all my hardboiled detective stories so far to put down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.