Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Just ordered Death Troopers and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Just ordered Death Troopers and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.
    And one of these is a pretty good read. And one of these is one of the top (bottom?) three worst EU novels ever written.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Halfway through my goal to read 26 books, each by a different author alphabetically, this summer. Finished letter Z: First Landing by Robert Zubrin. It's a novel about starting the first Mars colony, with a 5-person astronaut crew. It started out as a science book, then became a science fiction story, then to a fiction tale (almost a mystery of space horror style), and ended as a geek/nerd fan fic story. Not too bad overall.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And one of these is a pretty good read. And one of these is one of the top (bottom?) three worst EU novels ever written.
    I read one of those and I'd agree with you on that B-CJ.

finished Star Wars Crosscurrent while on vacation - decent book had a somewhat ok storyline but kinda turned into Death Troopers at the end.. all in all I would give it a C+.

currently reading Star Wars Backlash - decent book, fast reading have about 100 pages to go (started this yesterday). looking forward to finishing and then getting Star Wars Allies.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Two more, up to 15 this summer (about 4400 pages as yet).

I felt that I needed to read a teen vampire book that wasn't Twilight, and I needed an 'F' author, so Bite Me! by Melissa Francis was the choice. It began as an awful try-to-sound-hip-and-young teen angst story, but it turned into a veiled rip-off of Harry Potter, and clearly now a series. I can't wait for the sequel, Love Sucks. Seriously, that's the title, but not seriously about not being able to wait. This was not great, but I'm not its audience.

Chasing Destiny by Stephen Overholser. I wanted a western genre, and hadn't read an 'O' author; ta dah! It was a simple style of writing, but quite authentic, in that it didn't really have "fiction" plots, where characters you wouldn't think to die did, while others lived. The end was abrupt, but appropriate to the story. Not very detailed, but again, that fit the narrator's characterization. A decent read.

Letters left:
    I have D, I, and N in hand.
    C, H, J, L, Q, R, X [how will I find this'n easily?], and Y are still remaining.

I have D, I, and N in hand.
    C, H, J, L, Q, R, X [how will I find this'n easily?], and Y are still remaining.
    Is the letter the first name or last name or either? You might want to look into if Yao Ming has a biography out.

As for X, maybe the writings of St. Francis Xavier?

Last name. I tend to use my local libraries, just searching their databases. There's an around-the-house book by an 'X' author; I may go that route. That's been how I've found some interesting reads (as well as some duds, too ) I would not have encountered otherwise.

Well as long as Barbara Hambly isn't writing either one I'm fine
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The Autobiography of Malcolm X?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars