Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one who keeps track of not only titles and authors, but pages read, too.
    I didn't keep track per say but maybe a month ago I went through this thread and wrote down what I read and found out the pages. One of these days I'll post my tale of the tape.

Finest Hour. About the Battle of Britain. Actually, it starts a few weeks before, during the blitzkrieg in the Low Countries and France. This book was more focused on the people than the politics. One pilot's story is told from journal entries; his fiancee at the time donated his journal to the Imperial War Musuem. Good read.

Even though it's fiction, I don't know if I will ever be able to see or read about Abraham Lincoln the same again after reading Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It is quite historical in style and tone, using (perhaps?) actual information and adjusting it to fit the concept of Abe being a hunter of the dead. The final chapter was somewhat unexpected, but I did expect how the Ford's Theatre event would take place.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Even though it's fiction, I don't know if I will ever be able to see or read about Abraham Lincoln the same again after reading Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It is quite historical in style and tone, using (perhaps?) actual information and adjusting it to fit the concept of Abe being a hunter of the dead. The final chapter was somewhat unexpected, but I did expect how the Ford's Theatre event would take place.
    I prefer Abe Lincoln as a wrestler as shown in a Mountain Dew commercial a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I prefer Abe Lincoln as a wrestler as shown in a Mountain Dew commercial a couple of years back.
    You know, there were a few times while reading that I thought of that very thing!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I've seen at my local library zombie books on/about...
    1)Tom Sawyer Huckelzombie Flinn. Ok, I'm making up the last part but there IS suck a book!
    2) Some sort of zombie football game. Again I don't know what its all about, I've only seen the cover art for both of these "books."

So some guy stuck a zombie subplot into Pride & Prejudice and now it's a new genre?

I find that sad. Anyone who can come up with a decent story about zombies (or whatever) should be good enough to write an entire book. This was a cute gimmick once. Once.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Operation Dark Heart. An interesting account of intelligence and special operations missions in Afghanistan. I saw the author on one of the cable news shows. The Pentagon didn't want his book to be released. There was a lot of editing throughout: big black portions marked out.

My fav book is atlas shurgged by anne rand. it is about this guy named john galt and how the govt took the money and he had to made a place within to make city for no govt steeling so is called galts galch and is about for is 'men of mind' and is a place sounding for is much me

this is the longest iv written in english so sory for speling mistakse
    sumtimes ppl make a war and why is for? i dno think war cool,
    *LIKE IF YOU AGREE*

Finished reading Red Harvest. Except for one or two spots that it slowed the pace down, it was a good fast read. Finished it in two days.

I have two Borders that are closing in my area. I was planning on stopping by, hoping to get a few bargins, but a friend told me the store I intended to go to was packed and everything was just 20 percent off. I skipped it. I used a 33 percent coupon and picked up Knight Errant at another Borders.