Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading!

What the heck BCJ so I have to figure out the math on how many pages a day you read?!?!?!?

I didn't know there was such a desire for more specific reading statistics! (BTW, it would be 1500 per month, 346.15 per week, 49.31 per day, 2.05 per hour)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Does this give new meaning to reading between the lines?

Time to start a new list (LISTS... :drool: ) of books.

First book to add to that 2012 books read list (LISTS... :drool: ) is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I was supposed to read a steampunk genre sci-fi book for my book club, and I noticed she was on some steampunk categories. But I apparently chose a book that didn't fit the genre. And it wasn't good, either (not a reliable suspension-of-belief aspect, weak and stereotype characters, predictable plot), even for a YA novel. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    So, more importantly, here are my reading stats for 2011:
    - 69 total books
    - 18,000 pgs.
    - 261 pgs. per
    Summer:
    - 39 books
    - 10,300 pgs.
    - 264 pgs. per

Wow, I suddenly feel like a slacker. Not even my wife hit numbers that high in 2011. She joined a "50 books a year" club and fell just shy of the goal (44). The site did give her honorable mention for posting reviews for every book!

This year she has already gotten to 12, so she's well on her way.

I hit 12 last year...reading, add a few audiobooks to that, I'm around 16 total.

I wish I had more time to read books, I have a couple I bought a while back I still haven't gotten to...they are still on hold.

I ordered my first book of the year from B&N a few days ago "Generation Me". It should arrive soon. It comes highly recommended, and I'm really looking forward to it.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Wow, I suddenly feel like a slacker. Not even my wife hit numbers that high in 2011. She joined a "50 books a year" club and fell just shy of the goal (44). The site did give her honorable mention for posting reviews for every book!

I hit 12 last year...reading, add a few audiobooks to that, I'm around 16 total.

I wish I had more time to read books, I have a couple I bought a while back I still haven't gotten to...they are still on hold.
    I have several colleagues and friends who blew MY totals away.

The dearth of reading time once school resumes is sad for me; I chomp down on the time in summer!

Grrrr...wife just notified me she has reached 14 books and is finishing posting her reviews as I type this.

I'm gonna have to buy a nook simple touch.
    May the force be with you.