Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1120

Thread: Reading!

  1. #991
    Finished Tales from Jabba's Palace. I liked how the stories were intertwined with the events of Jedi. Some of these characters received just a few seconds of screen time in the movie, but their backstories were interesting.

    I haven't read Tales from the Cantina. I have it somewhere on the shelves. Might have to read that in the future. I read most of the Tales from the New Republic at C6.

  2. #992
    Still working on Goldfinger. There were 2 chapters detailing a golf game, I thought I'd never saw through all of that, it was a real slog (I was going to say it was "rough" but that's a golf pun and I won't have any more damn golf talk). I'm now to the point where Bond has just gotten to Goldfinger's Swiss factory, and it's past the midway point of the novel whereas in the film it's about a third of the way through, so I really don't know what to expect yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  3. #993
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ...(I was going to say it was "rough" but that's a golf pun and I won't have any more damn golf talk).
    Umm besides that golf talk?

  4. #994
    This is all sub-par humor. Which, in GOLF TALK, would be exceptional.

    I am trying to read, too, but all I can seem to get to has mutliple short entries over 400+ pages.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

  5. #995
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Umm besides that golf talk?
    Did you not see how that sentence ended? That's where the golf talk SHOULD have ended, but nooooo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This is all sub-par humor. Which, in GOLF TALK, would be exceptional.
    Ugh, why.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #996
    Finished Goldfinger last night, very mixed feelings. On the one hand, Bond really comes alive as a character in this story, and the villains are interesting and difficult to handle. On the other hand, the ending comes too quickly and too out of the blue yet again, and Bond is very passive for much of the ending(s).

    I think I'm going to skip ahead to The Spy Who Loved Me, I hear it's bad so I didn't buy it but borrowed it from the Kindle lending library, want to get that out of there by February so I can borrow other books.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #997
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Did you not see how that sentence ended? That's where the golf talk SHOULD have ended, but nooooo.
    No I saw it, chose to ignore it.

  8. #998
    Ultra Marathon Training by Wolfgang Olbrich. The name pretty much tells you what the book is about. It wasn't all that helpful (I'm thinking of doing my first ultra in June), plus the author is German so the English doesn't always 'sound right' so to speak.

  9. #999
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    No I saw it, chose to ignore it.
    Kthx.

    Over halfway through "The Spy Who Loved Me", the writing style is very Ian Flemming but the first 2 parts of the book are just too much of this girl's story and sex life, and then the villainous, rapacious thugs come out of nowhere and it's just an ugly segment. I stayed up late just to blast through all that awful abuse part so we could finally get to Bond's appearance, which of course stopped things just in the nick of time... will it have been on purpose and he had been watching them all along? I dunno yet, but the story really could use tightening.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Finished Goldfinger last night, very mixed feelings. On the one hand, Bond really comes alive as a character in this story, and the villains are interesting and difficult to handle. On the other hand, the ending comes too quickly and too out of the blue yet again, and Bond is very passive for much of the ending(s).

    I think I'm going to skip ahead to The Spy Who Loved Me, I hear it's bad so I didn't buy it but borrowed it from the Kindle lending library, want to get that out of there by February so I can borrow other books.
    From Russia with Love is one of my all-time favorites. The book follows the movie very closely.

    Fleming disliked TSWLM novel so badly that he said, when it came time to make it a movie, use the title only.

    Been reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. The mother-in-law introduced me to her, and they're fast, easy reads. Read through two just at the Y in the last two weeks. Read about five or six of them now; Evanovich's is up to 20.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO