Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,352 of 1352

Thread: Reading!

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    One more before returning to the grind on Monday: In the Shadow of Denali by Tracie Peterson & Kimberley Woodhouse. Having taken a vacation to Alaska in the past, I've liked most of the fiction I've read based in that state/region. This one was pretty standard and predictable, with chances to be exciting or dramatic that usually fell flat. Premise is a man goes to the new national park around Mt. McKinley/Denali to find out how his father died on a summit excursion years back. Finds people he can now trust and those he cannot any longer; and there's romance and religion in it, too. It was okay.
    I predict that the upcoming Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi film will include the word "and." Multiple times.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    I had read excerpts of this autobiography of civil rights activist Anne Moody's Coming of Age in Mississippi before, but never the whole book. It's one of those stories everyone needs to read and suffer through the safety of JUST reading it, and not LIVING it all. Her family life was tough, the reactions to her work with The Movement were tougher, but all that made her a tougher person (blunt, straightforward, but brutally honest and strong-willed). Without people with her convictions and drive, NO ONE would have the chances they do today, even though much of the world is still bad. A might-read for human beings.
    I predict that the upcoming Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi film will include the word "and." Multiple times.