Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    No one wanted to try the awards list? Lists? LISTS...? :drool:?

This summer's library reading program (theme: Reading is Delicious, with food-related book suggestions) has ended. I won tickets to see the Dodgers, in decent third-base-side seats. Issue is that they are on Monday night, while school is going on, and versus the Mets, a team I have about as much interest in as the Dodgers themselves. I will still probably possibly go, unless a coworker has more interest in them... and $5000 per ticket!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Came back form a benefit for a friend of my wife's and we walked out with 3 prizes, including a waffle maker, a Buffalo Sabre themed basket, and an oil change/interior cleaning pass from an automotive washing place.

And Bel-Cam, shucks, I was going to offer $4999 a ticket, I guess I have to withdraw my offer because it is just too low.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Last year at the SW Collectibles panel at Comic-Con, I won an eFX Collectibles Luke ANH X-wing helmet replica during the trivia portion. This year at the same panel I won a Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Jango Fett which hasn't come out in the US yet, so I'm the first in the western world to own one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This year at the same panel I won a Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Jango Fett which hasn't come out in the US yet, so I'm the first in the western world to own one.
    I'll offer you one Dodger ticket (no parking pass) for it, JT. I'm the only one in the ENTIRE world who owns that ticket for that seat on that day! And LBC, I'm a nice guy; you can have the other for $4999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'll offer you one Dodger ticket (no parking pass) for it, JT. I'm the only one in the ENTIRE world who owns that ticket for that seat on that day! And LBC, I'm a nice guy; you can have the other for $4999.
    Oh gee thanks no.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

But I just went out and spent thousands of dollars on Bones: Season 3 DVDs expecting you to accept! I'm ruined...

But I just went out and spent thousands of dollars on Bones: Season 3 DVDs expecting you to accept! I'm ruined...
    No offense, but if you spent "thousands" on only one particular season of only one particular show (regardless what it is) you kind of deserve being ruined.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

You must've seen that same insanely huge stack of those on clearance at that one Target that I did. If not, you probably overpaid by $1500.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    No offense, but if you spent "thousands" on only one particular season of only one particular show (regardless what it is) you kind of deserve being ruined.
    Obviously you are not familiar with the missing Doctor Who serials! ;P
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Obviously you are not familiar with the missing Doctor Who serials! ;P
    I'm familiar enough with them to know that you can't buy them if they are technically "missing".
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection