Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: What have you won in a contest, or raffle?

At my dad's company picnic when I was maybe 5-6 years old, my ticket came up for the semi-grand prize, a ten-speed bike. Well, considering I wasn't even tall enough to touch the handlebars, I asked if I could trade. So I took the SW Land of the Jawas playset. Most considered it a stupid move; I did not. Still have all the non-cardboard parts to it.

Won a "free" (you guys are right, not really free, since postage was needed) He-Man figure from some chocolate company.

Came in first place in a youth street chalk drawing contest (drew Roger Rabbit, after having been disqualified the previous year for my Spiderman using my own chalk colors ) and won a local business gift certificate.

I won a couple raffles at my jobs (mugs, flower arrangements, shirts, gift certificates, books, etc.)

Fast foods contests (for "free" food, but never money).

Most I even got was $5 on a lottery ticket (not much luck on those).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

aside from the usual fast food prizes, the best thing i ever won was a $100 gift certificate for tower records at a local radio station's promotion. the promoter said he would award it to the person who could show him the atm receipt with the lowest balance. this was during my poor starving student days so i really lucked out as i had only around $10 in the bank.

Won NY Giants tickets in a grocery store raffle and a Power Rangers movie T-Shirt from about ten years ago. From what I remember, it was a 7-up promo.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I won a $1,000 in the state lottery, but I bought about a grand in tickets to offset the taxes. In Illinois you can write off your losses againt your taxes.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

*I've won $50 on scratch off tickets three times.
    *I've won $100 twice.
    *I got a $15 gift card as Target Team Member of the Month.
    *An "Emperor's Code" shirt.
    *A $40 50/50 drawing.
    *Concert tickets (so what if it was the Beach Boys? Free is free! )
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    *Concert tickets (so what if it was the Beach Boys? Free is free! )
    I wouldn't be ashamed to go see the Beach Boys. Good group, lots of great hits. Good driving music too. I wouldn't mind going to see Jimmy Buffet either, although I'm not a huge fan. I always see lots of great looking babes in the audience of those guys' televised concerts. Looks like one big rum-fueled party
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Jimmy Buffet was quite boring when I saw him actually. It was at NSG and in the middle of winter. Me and my friend actually left. Couldnt get into the tropical atmosphere when its freezing. Now if I were on a boat, it would have rocked.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

And don't go to the "Margaritaville" in Sandusky, OH. It's a dive bar that plays Jimmy Buffet music. Oh, and since it's a "Margaritaville", they can charge $3.50 for a bottle of p**s warm Bud Light (which I got carded for ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I wouldn't be ashamed to go see the Beach Boys.
    I'm not ashamed (what's better than the Beach Boys on a hot July nite?), I just wish it were someone different. Instead of the $15 Beach Boy tix, why can't I win the $75 Velvet Revolver ones?!

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Emperor's Code T-shirt (2nd place)
    Emperor Palpatine (Executor Transmission) holographic figure
    Celebration 3 Darth Vader
    Vintage ROTJ carded AT-ST action figure
    Concert tickets (Creed) - actually this one was my wife
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I won a brand new mountain bike from my local Little League Baseball raffle (you got entered into it if you sold a certain number of candy bars). It was later stolen from my brother who was "borrowing it."

I remember at my mother's company picnic they had a contest in where you had to guess the number of pieces of candy in a giant jar. Besides getting the jar, I also got some cavities.

At a stag party two years ago, I won the top prize (a CD player) and a bottle of Jack Daniels, but they made me give them both back, because it was for my brother's wedding and I set up the stag party and organized the prizes. I settled for an "Icehouse" backpack.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.